• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TNT Dallas Season 2 Thread

That was a great show last night! Cliff Barnes was sickening, as usual. Emma is one strange girl! Annie begging at Bobby when he went off on her was strange.

We really needed flashbacks. I really was over all disappointed I don't think an hour was enough. They d idn't have as many return cast as I thought they would have had.

AFter all this years when was JR in the military? I don't ever remember them saying he was lol

I'm kinda of wondering if Pam was involved in JR death, he sent a letter saying he was looking for her, maybe he found her and didn't wanna come back:confused3 and we did hear what we thought were heels.

I'm kinda of wondering where they are taking Emma?? Is she just spying on the Ewings for her dad and grandma??

My prediction & you heard it here first - it will turn out that Ryland's mother has an incestuous relationship with him. That's why he is nuts!

I wondered that too. Also wondered whether something was happening with Ryland and Emma.

That was a great show last night! Cliff Barnes was sickening, as usual. Emma is one strange girl! Annie begging at Bobby when he went off on her was strange.

That was another thing that didn't really seem true to character - meaning Bobby going off on Annie like he did. I understand how they were trying to portray it but it just didn't ring true to me.

Personally, I think JR has set Ryland up for this somehow. Maybe he knew he was going to die or something and decided to use his death to get Ryland. But OTOH, he asked Sue Ellen out for dinner when he got back. Maybe that was just his way of making amends with her.

We really needed flashbacks. I really was over all disappointed I don't think an hour was enough. They d idn't have as many return cast as I thought they would have had.

AFter all this years when was JR in the military? I don't ever remember them saying he was lol

I'm kinda of wondering if Pam was involved in JR death, he sent a letter saying he was looking for her, maybe he found her and didn't wanna come back:confused3 and we did hear what we thought were heels.

I'm kinda of wondering where they are taking Emma?? Is she just spying on the Ewings for her dad and grandma??

A two hour episode would have been better, I agree. JR would have been Vietnam era which involved the draft so I would think he would definitely have been in the military.

As far as Emma goes, I don't think she's spying on the Ewings. It does look like the Rylands got her hooked on prescription meds (like with Annie). Like I said before, I think they took too big of a leap with her character.

I loved it but I agree with flashbacks! I remembered Callie but not the other lady so a flash back would have helped. My DS18 is now hooked but he is lost when they show older people since he does not have the connection. Looks like Netflix will be hopping shortly! :lmao:

I loved it but I agree with flashbacks! I remembered Callie but not the other lady so a flash back would have helped. My DS18 is now hooked but he is lost when they show older people since he does not have the connection. Looks like Netflix will be hopping shortly! :lmao:

The black haired lady name was Mandy, She was a long term mistress of JR

Just found this thread! Thanks for the link on the JR's funeral thread. :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

ENSOCK said:

Is it on Netflix? If so, I'll be watching too!!! :woohoo:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

The black haired lady name was Mandy, She was a long term mistress of JR

That is who she was..I couldn't place her. She was the model, right, that ended up being sue Ellen's valentine girl? Was that the name of the lingere place?

That is who she was..I couldn't place her. She was the model, right, that ended up being sue Ellen's valentine girl? Was that the name of the lingere place?

That her, for the life of me I can't remember what the name of that was LOL.

Did anyone see Barbara Eden on the staircase the other night. She was on a a season on Dallas. I wish they would have shown more of her.

I don't think flashbacks would have been an option without them spending $$$$. Remember this show is not owned by the same company, so just pulling from the archives would not be an option.

Comparatively speaking, I'm sure this is a much lower budget program than the original. The bedroom sets, especially, look really small, cramped and like you can almost see there's no ceiling!

You really had to have been a Dallas fan back in the day to know who some of those people were!

I keep forgetting it is on and watch Dancing with the Stars. I missed last week also. I'll have to watch it on demand. I'm sure I missed a lot. Emma is a really strange girl. I don't like her character.

Emma certainly is complex. It is hard to wonder what she is really up to. I don't trust her, for sure.

I was almost dizzy last night trying to keep track of all the individual story lines, not just THE story line.

Can't wait for the next season.

So JR bumped himself off :confused3 aww righty then. I think all in all the 2 seasons have been good all things considered. Its really impossible to re-capture the greatness of old I think. I think the only way that would be possible to find a really strong new anchor character like Larry Hagman was, and they have not done that to date at all. The new 30 something characters are all pretty competent actors, but nothing outstanding like Larry Hagman was. The writing has been decent, and I see how they are trying to re-capture the web weaved schemes with the story lines and have done a decent job of it IMO. Not sure how much longer it will last though. They really really need to find a way to replace the anchor character and so far they have not done that. The 30 somethings are all pretty boys but that's not going to do it IMO.

I was a little disappointed with the whole "who killed JR" last night. I mean, I knew it wasn't Cliff because that would have been too easy. I guess I was just hoping for something more than that. I have to admit that when the show first started last year, I wasn't sure if I would like it. I must say that I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I hope they can keep it interesting so it will keep going. I do miss JR, though.:sad:

I was really shocked that how they wrapped the who killed JR thing. I would have never thought in a million years he would have offed himself. That seems so out of character to me.

I'm really enjoying Emma a lot can't wait to see what she is up to. She very good almost like a girl JR LOL,

I agree with PP we need a good major character to kind of take the reigns, they younger guys are okay, but not really strong enough to carry the show.

They almost ended it like they weren't coming back and that was it, Tied up all the lose strings

Just watched the season finale and have to agree it was hard to keep everything straight as they crammed so much in in the short time. I think all things considered they did a good job of re-writing the script after JR died. I'm sure that wasn't easy as they had to change the entire story line. I'm surprised they didn't end with "Who shot JR" but maybe they thought that would be overdoing it or didn't know at the time it would be picked up for another season. I'm looking forward to the next season. I also agree they need a really strong character to carry the show because they don't have one now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter