TL or BB for toddlers?

jodiariel

Earning My Ears
I have twins that will be 3 in November. We go 9/11-9/20. They LOVE water and had a great time at the water park at Sesame place. Which park would be better for them where they can do more stuff besides just the toddler area? Also, can they wear their puddle jumpers in the water parks? Thanks!

The best way to break it down is to look at some of the attractions for each of the parks! :surfweb:

First up, Typhoon Lagoon:
  • Bay Slides: Guests on this ride have to be five feet tall or shorter, so this is a hit for the young kids! They're basically miniature versions of the Storm Slides. You can even meet your children at the bottom where it empties into a shallow pool. :thumbsup2
  • Castaway Creek: This is basically a lazy river and there's no height restriction here. This would be great for any ages. But if your kids get restless easily, this might not be the best idea. You're basically floating along in an inner tube and going under waterfalls and rope bridges. :bored:
  • Gang Plank Falls: No height restriction here, so your kids should be fine! This is a huge water slide for four people to all sit in one big tube together. Of the three raft rides, this one is a medium intensity. :)
  • Keelhaul Falls: No height restriction here. This is another raft ride, but I'm not sure how many this one holds... It looks like it might be a single rider... Of the three raft rides, this is the least intense, though. :yay:
  • Mayday Falls: This doesn't have a height restriction, but is definitely a single rider raft. Of the three, this is the most intense, so I guess this is really up to the parent's judgement. :scared1:
  • Ketchakiddee Creek: Well, this is basically the toddler area you were referring to. It's for kids under four feet tall. Here you can find mini slides, a mini inner tube ride, animal shaped fountains, and a waterfall. ::yes::
  • Shark Reef: This is really cool because it's an animal encounter as well as a water attraction. While there is no height restriction, any child under the age of ten years old must be accompanied by an adult. If your kids are afraid of sharks or fish (or really really cold water) avoid this one. :fish:
  • Storm Slides: This is basically the bigger version of the Bay Slides! :upsidedow
  • Surf Pool: This is one that your kids would probably prefer to stay in the shallow end for. The waves start out really gentle and then get bigger and bigger. If your kids aren't strong swimmers, it's probably best to relax on the shore or play on the beach. :beach:
And now for Blizzard Beach:
  • Cross Country Creek: This ride is basically the Blizzard Beach equivalent of Castaway Creek at Typhoon Lagoon - just another lazy river. :boat:
  • Melt-Away Bay: This is kind of like a gentle wave pool. Here you can float in an inner tube and just soak up some of the sun's rays. Or the kids can splash and jump around in the waves! :thumbsup2
  • Runoff Rapids: I'm not really sure if smaller children are allowed on this one, but the two outside slides are two-person rafts, so you might be able to go on with them! :hug:
  • Ski Patrol Training Camp: Definitely something for kids. Kids here get to test their balance as they walk across "icy" pads; they can ride a zip-line for only those five feet tall or shorter; they can ride on an inner tube in a slide all by themselves; lastly they can ride on a straight downhill body slide. :woohoo:
  • Snow Stormers: No height restriction! Here you ride down a zig-zagged slide on your belly aboard a toboggan. :eek:
  • Teamboat Springs: No height restriction again, and this one's for the whole family! Up to six people to a raft on this water ride. :grouphug:
  • Toboggan Racers: This one's a little bit like Snow Stormers! :teeth:
  • And lastly, Tike's Peak: This is another attraction just for the little ones. Kids here have to be under four feet tall. :tongue:
In my opinion, I'd go with Blizzard Beach. I think the theme is more fun and I think they just overall do a much better job creating attractions for younger children.

We've done both and MUCH preferred Typhoon Lagoon for our twins. The toddler area at BB is very spaced out and divided, which made keeping up with both children kind of tough. We probably climbed 5000 steps that day going up and down slides! I prefer the more open layout of Typhoon Lagoon for us and our children loved it! If you want to spend more wave pool time, the pool at BB is far more gentle with less current.

We did do the Lazy River at both, but didn't bother with the other rides as ours were quite happy with where they were! And yes...puddle jumpers are fine at both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter