• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TL or BB for 3 YO and 15 MONTH old?

hallesrymat

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I know that there are several threads on this but I'm looking for info specifically for my two son's ages. I haven't found much specific for their young ages. Which kids area is best, especially for my youngest who will then be 15 months. He walks fairly well now, a bit wobbly, but by then I think he'll be an old pro.:D Also, do you recommend water shoes in the play areas? Thank you,
Leslie

I have been searching the threads and have seen, well I have been to BB and it's great for kids but never TL, or visa versa. I have an almost 4 YO dare devil and a 9 month old and an 8 YO little dare devil too. I would like advise from someone who has been to BOTH as to which is better! From what I have read it's sounds like 6 of one 1/2 dozen of another. However, that being said, I did notice there are many 48" height restriction at BB and I wouldn't want my 40" 4 YO getting upset because he can't go on them. THis is a kid that you can't tell no, he's has climbed a 30' rock wall and rang the bell, he was the youngest to do it at 3.

Thanks in advance!
Wen

Personally, my family and I have never been to BB. We go to TL every trip. The wave pool is nice and not that crowded. The lazy river is very relaxing and takes you around the park, and there are a lot of waterslides.

We have been to TL three times with (then)2,3,4,7 year olds. Always had a blast! However because of the posts on this board, we are considering trying BB this year.

I've been to both many times, and with the ages of your children I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon. Reason being, it's much more shaded. Another plus is, there is a small play area at the front of the wave pool, just off to the left. One parent can tend the children while the other enjoys the wave pool, then you can switch without having to search for each other. Typhoon Lagoon also has a very shallow (and warm!) run off area at the front of the wave pool, perfect for tots to play in while Mom and Dad relax on a beach chair.

There's a family raft ride (shorter than BB's), and if your 3 year old is tall enough and up to it, there are some short-ish body slides.

Blizzard Beach is great fun too, and if you end up going there you won't regret it. However, the children's areas for tots are much more protected from the sun at Typhoon Lagoon, as is the lazy river.

DEFINITELY wear water shoes. The pavement gets hot!

We took my 2yo & 5 yo to BB last year and he loved it! They have a great toddler area and they dont let kids over 5 in there so you dont have to worry about them getting trampled by excited older kids. It has some really small slides they can do by themself as well as a few that are a little bit longer you ride with them. Great poo/splash area, lots of shaded places to park your stuff. There is also a family raft ride that is awesome. He just has to be able to sit up by himself to ride. It holds 6 people. I had my little one next to my DH for him to hold. The people behind us had taked their 16mo old on it & he loved it & did well too. They have the lazy river that was fun, but hard to keep an active 2yo on an inner tube.(not very relaxing) They have some tubes where the middle is solid for them to sit on.

We love BB & cant wait to go back this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter