TiW questions :)

Inn0c3nc3

🏰
We're planning a trip in February for my husband, my mother, my teenaged cousin and I. My mother wants to get a dining plan, but the only time she has gone with the dining plan was in 2006 when it was free and had more to it (an appetizer, gratuity included with TS) but we wound up not even using our TS credits because we didn't want to tie ourselves to reservations every single day and got to use our TS credits for QS meals. The most sense for the way we do things now is QSDP, but I've seen some people talk about how that isn't nearly as close to being worth the money and after my own math I think that's right. However, my husband and I have annual passes, and if TiW works at QS locations (ie- resort food courts) for 20% off, I think that's definitely better than QSDP. Granted, I only want to buy one membership and my mom would be paying for her and my cousin's meals and my husband and I for our meals....so how would that work? Would I just have to pay for them all at once? Has anyone ever used TiW with CS often? I tried to search and I couldn't really find the direct information I was looking for, so if anyone has any tips or extra info on it, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance. pixiedust: :goodvibes

There are only a handful of CS locations that accept the TiW discount - the value resort food courts and the Disney owned CS at Animal Kingdom.

I'm not sure how it works with split checks. I haven't actually used it yet, but have been doing my homework because I will be next year. You can find a list of participating restaurants at TablesInWonderland.com

I believe TDC Nala posted yesterday that there are 10 CS locations that take the card. You can look at tablesinwonderland.com for a list. It is not accepted all resort CS locations. It's (mainly) resorts that do not have a TS restaurant and a few CS locations at AK.

It's not really intended for CS dining savings but TS. It might work for you, but probably not.

You have to spend $375 in eligible meals/drinks to break even on the purchase price as an AP holder. After that, it is 20% savings.

It is good for up to 10 people, the cardholder must be present at the meal, and the rules state the cardholder must pay but in practice that can vary based on your server. I believe it all has to be on one check.

Thanks for posting the TIW website, never knew about it. We only get to DW every few years, but we make up for it (hah!) by getting AP's and TIW, then making sure we fit in two trips just within the 12 month window!!!

Anyway, I always went to Deb's site, or others for TIW lists of participating places but now I know they have their owned site. Great!!, and Thanks!!

:goodvibes

Sorry op to get off topic, but I can tell you TIW card is a great discount for us to be able to take advange of. We are two adults and ejnoy, usualy, at least one TS meal, sometimes two per day.... so it pays for itself real quick for us.

Thanks for the responses. :goodvibes That list is actually a tad different than the one I saw posted somewhere else, lol, so I'm glad that I posted here. I was just thinking that *maybe* we would try a couple TS restaurants if we could get last minute reservations and still save on most of the CS meals we got, but it's probably just less of a headache to shell out the money on the QSDP. (My mother swears it will save her money, I don't ever bother with it thinking I'll save money, it's just nice to not have to think about budgeting money for food and to have it out of the way)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter