TIW Extension - any issues?

My wife and I will be in DW next week. Our current TIW originally expired end of March. With the four month extension, it now expires end of July. Has anyone had any issues using their card during the extension period? Or, has anyone noticed some restaurants no longer accept TIW? Or, has it been "smooth sailing" so to speak?

My wife and I will be in DW next week. Our current TIW originally expired end of March. With the four month extension, it now expires end of July. Has anyone had any issues using their card during the extension period? Or, has anyone noticed some restaurants no longer accept TIW? Or, has it been "smooth sailing" so to speak?
I used mine in April (it was originally going to expire in Jan before the extension) and had no issues.

I used mine end of June and early July and didn't have any issues. The only restaurant that said they weren't taking it anymore was Homecomin', which was disappointing because we had a couple drinks there. Also I forgot it wasn't accepted on holidays so I couldn't use it for California Grill on July 4th but they normally would take it. Also some servers would take the card to scan, some would just look at it, and some would just add the discount if I asked about it without looking at my card so be prepared to show it.

Thank you to both responses. Good to know not really many issues at all -if any. Disappointing about Homecomin' which is a reservation I currently hold. Especially since we will most definitely have a few drinks as well. True to form, I find that is exactly how my experience goes as well using the card. Some servers don't even look, some do look, and some take it with them. Thank you for the more updated information.

Used our extension from Oct - Feb. No issues at all, except for the extra pounds we gained from all the TS meals. With no character M&G going on, DW and I finally tried the CP and CRT. Loved then both and with the TIW, it was a reasonable price for Disney. Our extended TIW savings after the $150 purchase price was $407.

Just to add one more reassuring data point - ours originally expired Feb. 28. We had absolutely no trouble using it in March and early June, not even a question as to whether it was still valid or not. Hoping it comes back before our next trip!

Thank you to both responses. Good to know not really many issues at all -if any. Disappointing about Homecomin' which is a reservation I currently hold. Especially since we will most definitely have a few drinks as well. True to form, I find that is exactly how my experience goes as well using the card. Some servers don't even look, some do look, and some take it with them. Thank you for the more updated information.

If I were you I would still ask to use it at Homecomin', maybe I just got a server that didn't know what she was talking about. Doesn't hurt to ask!

I also had no problem using my expired TIW card in March. I'm also hoping the program will restart soon. I do have DVC & Disney Visa discounts, but they aren't available at as many locations at TIW or as large of a discount.

I agree about trying to use it at Homecomin’. We used our TIW there in December, and MousePerks shows it being valid at Homecomin’ as well. That’s no guarantee, but definitely worth showing the server the card.

I agree about trying to use it at Homecomin’. We used our TIW there in December, and MousePerks shows it being valid at Homecomin’ as well. That’s no guarantee, but definitely worth showing the server the card.
Yes, it doesn't hurt to ask - and I certainly will. I believe though, that I just may be out of luck at Homecomin' as stated above. I too, like some others, am hopeful they reinstate TIW. If you travel to DW quite a bit, it can really make a big difference in savings - especially when alcohol is factored in.

We used ours in early June at homecoming no issues. We are set to go next week hope to use it again. We also had a March expiration date. Only issue we had in June was house of blues but I just told them Disney extended it four months and they gave us the discount.

Ahhh - good to know - thank you. Fingers crossed I can get someone at Homecomin' to accept for us as well. Also glad the extension dates haven't really caused any issues for anyone. Again, thank you all for the reassurance.

Mine expires 8/31 (even before the extension) so will I be able to use it for my trip next week since it’s still valid?

Mine expires 8/31 (even before the extension) so will I be able to use it for my trip next week since it’s still valid?
Yes, you should be able to use it. But I’m curious - when did you buy it, for the original expiration to be August 31, 2021? Seems like you would have had to buy it in July 2020, and I didn’t think they were selling them then. Or did you buy just before the shutdown and receive a delayed start date?

Sorry I misspoke it was 8/31/20 so maybe I’m out of luck even with the extension. Boo 😂
That savings really adds up as a family of 7!

We're well past our extension and hit-or-miss being able to use it. It seems to be at the discretion of the manager on duty.

Sorry I misspoke it was 8/31/20 so maybe I’m out of luck even with the extension. Boo 😂
That savings really adds up as a family of 7!
Yes it does - had our family of 9 there in December, including a hungry teen boy, our treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter