Tired of people saying AGAINNNN

I get asked the same thing at work. My favorite is what my wife said to my boss one day:
Boss: You do know there are other great places to see, right?
Wife: If they were that great, they'd put them in EPCOT!

My boss still laughs about that.

We get asked this all the time!! We actually just got married at Disney in December 2012.... And go to Disney every other week, we have annual passes and only live 1.5 hours from Disney. They just don't understand - but we all do!!!! :)

2012DisneyWorldBride said:
We get asked this all the time!! We actually just got married at Disney in December 2012.... And go to Disney every other week, we have annual passes and only live 1.5 hours from Disney. They just don't understand - but we all do!!!! :)

I wouldnt question u...i would high-5 u lol. Every other week. JEALOUS ;)

DH and I work together at our family-owned restaurant, and we get the "Againnnn???" all the time from our customers, too. However, we're great at convincing people that the next place they will want to visit will be Disney! And since all we talk about is Disney, we have since learned that MANY of our customers are not only huge fans like us, but are also DVC and DISboards members! *waves hello to customers* Haha!

Tell them its "none of their business" where you're going on your vacation.

I always say

Absolutely, every year Disney adds new attractions and is constantly improving...plus it is so big that we never get to do everything and as the kids get older we do completely different things from when they were little...so yea...we're going again. Are you going to the beach again? Did they add more sand or fish?

:rotfl2:

Yup! DH and I hear it all the time - but - ours is ALWAYS followed up with "and you guys don't even have children" Grrrrrrr...:headache:

Dh and I are hoping to go away next year for our 15th anniversary and I really would like to go to DW without the kids. We can do things alone, and together. If he wants to golf he can, and I can go wander DW alone and feel safe. But I can imagine the looks we would get when we tell people that. LOL. But I don't care.

I know this has been posted before but I am a banner waiving, Card Carrying member of a DISNEY FAMILY

I go to the world 2-3 times a year i am a Premium AP holder, DVC member, TiW Cardholder, and lover of all that is Disney.

I get tired of people askig "oh where are you going on vacation?" I say WDW or Disney Cruise

They Say "AGAIN" Dont you get tired of it?

My answer is NO I dont do you get tired of going to the beach or the shore every summer isnt that the same? They usually have no response.

Just felt like venting cause this just happened so i will vent to you DIS my friends.

You know I must have really weird friends and family because I never get this. In fact my family usually calls to find out when we are going, we are dvc members so they usually want to mooch off some deluxe accommodations.

Same thing with friends, most of my friends have time shares some where so they too go to one place a lot, it's just not disney.

We use to go annually so when some one ask us about our vacations we know they mean outside of Disney. We do other things besides Disney so we know that's what they mean.

Ha ha. This happens all the time. Something about Disney and people feel free to make negative comments. I just blow them off. This summer we are going to Disneyland and later Disney world. When people ask my summer plans I say I am going to CA. They don't need to know what I am doing there and I don't tell them about my Fl trip. They don't have to know everything.

Just laugh and ignore. And yes these same people go to the same beach year after year!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I get this constantly from a friend who literally goes to the same hotel at the same beach every summer for 2 weeks!
But I now tell people that if we had not gone to our favorite place as much as we have then we wouldn't be able to take my dad who has Alzheimer's on a vacation at all! Thanks to our love of WDW he is still able to go with us because it is so familiar and I m truly grateful for that! We were told two years ago to stop traveling with him but everytime I mention disney he says "yes" so I m now planning 2 more trips this year because we do fear this will be it for him :(

I get it. It's just the place I have found I can spend quality time with my children and have a good time and there is something for everybody. Wherever someone finds that for their family or themselves and their spouse or for themselves, they should be free to go without judgement. But still people feel the need to weigh in when it's Disney.

We consist of a 40 year-old woman, an elementary school aged girl and a pre-school age boy, but we are all happy at that place. I was trying to plan a trip with my parents, but finances weren't where I needed them to be and my mother was nervous about even telling my stepdad how much it was going to cost so I dropped it.

I was thinking the beach for this summer, but when I mentioned summer vacation the children wanted Mickey. My 3 year-old son said, "I want to go see Mickey" over and over. My daughter started singing about it. Then my 3 year-old says, "It's so beautiful there mommy. I can't wait to go. Can we go, please?"

I just wanted to make it happen and the truth is when I priced the ocean front hotel I was considering for this summer, I'll only spend $300 more going to Disney if we drive and stay off-site this time. A plan is in the works to get a 6 bedroom house in Windsor Hills for 2014 with my sister, brother, brother-in-law, adult nieces, their children, our dad and stepmom and my children. As soon as I said Disney 2014 and sent my sister the pictures of the house she said yes, my nieces were immediately on board and my dad just said to let him know how much money to send for their share of the house rental. But it certainly doesn't get that love from everyone.

A Disney World facebook link showed up in my news feed because of a couple of my friends "liked" the page. I read some of the comments and there was an immense amount of hate for Disney in them, mainly about prices and crowds and I imagine that is behind some of these comments especially the poster who had someone tell her she must be made of money.

In 2 months we'll be on our 3rd trip and I have only told one person where we are going. People may be jealous, but instead of trying to find out how it can be done, they just look in disbelief instead of just asking. I imagine some people think I have a lot more money than I do, the "rich widow" stereotype. I'm anything but. I got the children and the mortgage. My MIL got the insurance money.

Our last trip was 10 days. What people don't know is it took me 9 months to pay for it. A lot of people don't even know you can stretch the payments out like that. But I have a friend who is a single parent (divorced but gets no child support) and when I told her about the trip, she listened to how I planned it because she couldn't imagine doing a vacation of that length of any type with her daughter. Now, she's not a Disney person unless it's DCL which she loves, but she now has a 10 day summer vacation planned for her and her daughter, a 7 day on the Allure (Royal Carribean) and 3 days at a beach front hotel when the boat gets back to Florida. All because instead of saying, "Disney again????" she listened and learned something. She planned ahead, everything is almost paid for and she's excited.

If more people listened instead of hatin' on Disney, they might get there, or wherever else they might want to go.

I get it. It's just the place I have found I can spend quality time with my children and have a good time and there is something for everybody. Wherever someone finds that for their family or themselves and their spouse or for themselves, they should be free to go without judgement. But still people feel the need to weigh in when it's Disney.

We consist of a 40 year-old woman, an elementary school aged girl and a pre-school age boy, but we are all happy at that place. I was trying to plan a trip with my parents, but finances weren't where I needed them to be and my mother was nervous about even telling my stepdad how much it was going to cost so I dropped it.

I was thinking the beach for this summer, but when I mentioned summer vacation the children wanted Mickey. My 3 year-old son said, "I want to go see Mickey" over and over. My daughter started singing about it. Then my 3 year-old says, "It's so beautiful there mommy. I can't wait to go. Can we go, please?"

I just wanted to make it happen and the truth is when I priced the ocean front hotel I was considering for this summer, I'll only spend $300 more going to Disney if we drive and stay off-site this time. A plan is in the works to get a 6 bedroom house in Windsor Hills for 2014 with my sister, brother, brother-in-law, adult nieces, their children, our dad and stepmom and my children. As soon as I said Disney 2014 and sent my sister the pictures of the house she said yes, my nieces were immediately on board and my dad just said to let him know how much money to send for their share of the house rental. But it certainly doesn't get that love from everyone.

A Disney World facebook link showed up in my news feed because of a couple of my friends "liked" the page. I read some of the comments and there was an immense amount of hate for Disney in them, mainly about prices and crowds and I imagine that is behind some of these comments especially the poster who had someone tell her she must be made of money.

In 2 months we'll be on our 3rd trip and I have only told one person where we are going. People may be jealous, but instead of trying to find out how it can be done, they just look in disbelief instead of just asking. I imagine some people think I have a lot more money than I do, the "rich widow" stereotype. I'm anything but. I got the children and the mortgage. My MIL got the insurance money.

Our last trip was 10 days. What people don't know is it took me 9 months to pay for it. A lot of people don't even know you can stretch the payments out like that. But I have a friend who is a single parent (divorced but gets no child support) and when I told her about the trip, she listened to how I planned it because she couldn't imagine doing a vacation of that length of any type with her daughter. Now, she's not a Disney person unless it's DCL which she loves, but she now has a 10 day summer vacation planned for her and her daughter, a 7 day on the Allure (Royal Carribean) and 3 days at a beach front hotel when the boat gets back to Florida. All because instead of saying, "Disney again????" she listened and learned something. She planned ahead, everything is almost paid for and she's excited.

If more people listened instead of hatin' on Disney, they might get there, or wherever else they might want to go.

Sounds like you have great kids and a good plan. People will never get it.

I had a condescending fellow dance mom ask what we are doing for spring break, and I said Disney. She said "wow, you really like Disney. MY kids outgrew that years ago." Ugh. I just smiled. Whatev.

LOVE IT! I am definitely using this one. :rotfl2:

Hahah funny...

its worse when its from people that went just once and had a bad experience or never have been there before. Everyone is different and I wouldnt expect everyone to love Disney, but our family does and that is all that matters ;)

--Thor

I know this has been posted before but I am a banner waiving, Card Carrying member of a DISNEY FAMILY

I go to the world 2-3 times a year i am a Premium AP holder, DVC member, TiW Cardholder, and lover of all that is Disney.

I get tired of people askig "oh where are you going on vacation?" I say WDW or Disney Cruise

They Say "AGAIN" Dont you get tired of it?

My answer is NO I dont do you get tired of going to the beach or the shore every summer isnt that the same? They usually have no response.

Just felt like venting cause this just happened so i will vent to you DIS my friends.

If they ask where you are going, just tell them "Florida"

We don't go every year or even every other year but I would if we could:cloud9: I love Disney and I'm getting closer to having DH becomes members through DVC:goodvibes Like you said ''people go to the same beach every year for vacation'' what's the difference when it comes to Disney?!?! ;)

Yes I get this all the time from friends but mostly family. Most of them do not understand Disney is the one place we go to and there is no chance of going home early because there is nothing to do, (we have had the happen quite a bit) we go there to forget the rest of the world and we just love the place there is no place like it! I just really avoid telling anyone that I don't have to. Most people are on a need to know basis! Besides they also don't understand we really do not have that much out of pocket expenses. My husband works for a company that has a bonus program that pretty much pays for the trip with Disney Gift Cards. We also can get cards for Build a Bear/Dino, T rex, Rainforest, Planet Hollywood. I try to explain this to them but they do not understand listen or care. If I went to somewhere else it would cost me money where as at Disney I just pay taxes on the cards at tax time. It's win win situation for us!!!

While I love my Disney vacations, I also love taking trips to other places (NYC, Chicago, Grand Canyon, Rome, Ireland among others).

So let's say the WS at Epcot is one your favorite places at WDW. I would think that might make you want to visit one of those countries. No? Why not? Or if you love the GF, has it made anyone want to take a trip to San Diego and stay at or visit the Hotel Del, which is the inspiration for it?

I will add that anyone who ridicules your vacation choices is rude. I am not doing that at all, just curious about the thought process behind choosing vacation destinations.

While I love my Disney vacations, I also love taking trips to other places (NYC, Chicago, Grand Canyon, Rome, Ireland among others).

So let's say the WS at Epcot is one your favorite places at WDW. I would think that might make you want to visit one of those countries. No? Why not? Or if you love the GF, has it made anyone want to take a trip to San Diego and stay at or visit the Hotel Del, which is the inspiration for it?

I will add that anyone who ridicules your vacation choices is rude. I am not doing that at all, just curious about the thought process behind choosing vacation destinations.

We take several vacations a year not all at Disney. Only the Disney ones get a negative reaction from people. I choose other places as I want to visit those places. I choose Disney as a fun family vacation. However I don't justify any of my vacations to anyone. Just because we go to Disney often does not mean we did not take another vacation somewhere else just a few weeks prior. Actually nothing in Disney has inspired me to visit those places. It is nice though to see replicas of places I have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter