Tips

paw1968

Just living the dream
I know that this may sound silly but suddenly I am on a very tight budget and am trying to account for every penny I may spend at WDW. Do you tip the Magical Express drivers? If so how much do you tip?

A few people have posted on here that they will tip the drivers.

It is not expected and most people do not tip. Unless the driver did something "above and beyond" for me I would not tip him. (And I am usually rather generous when it comes to tipping)

They handle luggage for me, so I tip them about $1 per bag. I gave a guy $3 extra once because he knew how to pull out of traffic and get us around a car accident blocking the MK resorts access road.

For anyone that touches my luggage I tip at LEAST $2 a piece.

So if the DME guy loads and unloads he would probably get $4.

If I use RAC on the return the folks there get a few bucks. If the bellman comes to my room and hauls to the RAC desk he gets a tip.

A few people have posted on here that they will tip the drivers.

It is not expected and most people do not tip. Unless the driver did something "above and beyond" for me I would not tip him. (And I am usually rather generous when it comes to tipping)

It is not expected IF you use the service as intended, (using the luggage tags as instructed, etc.) Only the Bell staff is compensated in some way to deliver your luggage to your room provided you attached the tags as instructed.

However, if you choose to bring your luggage to the bus, inbound or outbound, you should consider the customary tip for luggage handling by the driver, as you would anyone else who handles your luggage. Drivers ARE NOT compensated for handling luggage.

Disney conveniently forgets to advise guests of this fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter