• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips/tricks for cruising with toddler/baby

Natasha0b

Earning My Ears
Give me all your tips and tricks of cruising with littles! I’ll have a 3.5yo and 11 month old.

I have already requested a pack and play, bed rails, and high chair. We have a verandah room so we’ll likely be able to hang out there at bed time. My parents are also going so we’ll be taking advantage of having them and the nursery/kids club!

5 nights including castaway cay and lookout cay

Give me all your tips and tricks of cruising with littles! I’ll have a 3.5yo and 11 month old.

I have already requested a pack and play, bed rails, and high chair. We have a verandah room so we’ll likely be able to hang out there at bed time. My parents are also going so we’ll be taking advantage of having them and the nursery/kids club!

You have so many of the bases covered. We started cruising with a three month old and barely 7 year old, and have cruised almost once every year up to a 13 year old and 20 year old. When DD was a baby and a toddler, cruising was different for us than it is now. We never spent any time in any of the adult areas for years. We never found any age difficult, just a different experience. We tried to mostly keep to our usual daily schedule with bedtime usually being a bit later. We planned things that would be enjoyable for the kids and spending time as a family. Time in the nursery at show times might be a good idea, so you can experience them with your toddler and your parents. The magic is really alive at this age. Our kids have loved the kid’s clubs since they could first go there. We have always had to drag them out of there, but meals have always been family time. Enjoy your cruise and making magical memories as a family.

Book your small world babysitting time early. they limit the number of hours. It gives you time to plan out your cruise.

Also you can get a sterilizer from the front desk when you first arrive. That's also a big help.

In the dining hall they will prepare food for the baby if you'd like.

Good luck!

You'll need more diapers than you think. We monitored our daily usage prior to the cruise, and even tossed in extra. Not sure if it was the food, the fun, or the rocking, but we had used all of ours by day 3. We stopped at a local convenience store in port to get more, cheaper than on board. I also made sure we brought baby specific medical stuff. This includes thermometer and appropriate medications. Easier to have stuff you know is safe for your little.

Not sure if the nursery is still doing toddler time around the ship. So ask them when you board or the first time that you use the nursery drop off. Remember that potty trained kids are only allowed outside of the splash pad. If too big of kids are in the little kids zone, let a lifeguard know to help you out. Don't forget the sunscreen!

One more thing....

Seems obvious, but anything you need for the baby (not want) better be in carry on. This includes pumping supplies, formula, etc.

Also, while there is a stock of items available for purchase for babies on the ship, if you have specific needs/wants make sure you bring them. Hypoallergenic formula, specific brand of diaper, etc. The supply options for these types of goods are extremely limited, and you won't be able to get what you need in many ports.

We had a blast when my youngest was 2 on our first Disney cruise. We ended up never using the nursery because between us and my parents we had it covered. Only big thing is make sure you pack plenty of diapers and everything you need. The ship has some in the shops but they're expensive and a limited selection.

Make sure to bring kid friendly soap. That's the big one we almost forgot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter