Tips Tips, you got the tips?

Tomandtammy

Mouseketeer
What tips have you gotten from other Disers that you found irresistable?
Was it a place to eat?
Was it a place to watch parades or fireworks?
A place/seat on a ride?
A tip to carry something, or not carry something!

Tomandtammy said:
What tips have you gotten from other Disers that you found irresistable?
Was it a place to eat?
Was it a place to watch parades or fireworks?
A place/seat on a ride?
A tip to carry something, or not carry something!

Oh gosh!! Lots of tips!

Ziploc bags to pack! GREAT TIP
Watch parade (MK) from Main street on the left side away from the sun.
Ride on the front of the monorail.
Carry a fan

Lots if tips here i saved some.

*Bring snacks and h2o from home/hotel
*Do character meals instead of expensive fast food
*Go to the park when it opens
*Use big Ziploc bags to pack the kids outfits
*Get up EARLY
*Have a daily plan
*1. Make a PS (now AR) at Rose & Crown for around 7:45pm and watch Illuminations from there - this was one of the most magical moments you can sit on the terrace - and is not too hot to eat outside because it's shaded by that time of day - and had a front row viewing of Illuminations)!!!!
*"If pictures with the characters are important to you and your kids, when visiting the Magic Kingdom, be at the train station to take the WDW Railroad to Mickey's Toontown at [early] opening. Our last several visits, we actually were on the train and moving when the park was opening. Within 2 or 3 minutes, we were off the train in Toontown - ALL the characters were just waiting on us!! On one occasion, as we approached Minnie's house from the train, she sort of stepped out in the street to greet our son and held his hand all during the tour of her house. We got lots of time and attention. Another advantage to doing this first thing is that the kids are more relaxed and refreshed than they normally would be if we had met the characters later in the day. Plus, we didn't have to make any special stops or go out of the way to find characters - we had already met almost all of them!! This really does save a lot of time and worry!!" - Maureen A from Ft. Smith, AR

OH MY!!! I have been taught so many things on this board.
1. cheap shoe holder to keep room neat
2. take sample detergent with for laundry
3. take fans or misty mate
4. get cheap rain coats from dollar store
5. arrive at park before opening
6. make ADR's
7. be nice to others it does make disney magical
8. stay on site
so many I can't think of 'em all. :goodvibes

best tip i ever got was buy suction cup hooks to put in the shower for hanging bathing suits. saves so much room and everything looks nice and neat.

Counter service meal "basket"/combos...get without fries to save some $.

At Columbia Harbor House...get the chicken & fish basket and split with DD, saves about $7.00 by not getting a chicken basket and a fish basket.

Counter service cashiers serve from both sides...walk up to the left side even if everyone else is on the right (or vice versa).

At AllStars food court...buy chocolate milk from the gift shop...for some odd reason, it's cheaper than at the food court (or at least it was last time I was there).

When in doubt, go to the que/line on the left...it's usually shorter.

Buy cheap trader pins on eBay!!

Eat sit-down meals as a late lunch instead of dinner...it's usually cheaper!

Carry-in our own water/gatorade/snacks etc.

$.97 ponchos from the camping section at Wal-Mart.

Q&C vouchers!!! (I'm gonna miss those! :-( )

Spray anti-perspirant on feet to avoid blisters.

Use stick deoderant on inner thighs to pervent rub burns.

Bring a cheap toothbrush holder, etc to organize the sink area.

Clothes pin umbrella for hanging up wet socks, bathing suits etc.

Wear COMFORTABLE shoes and bring 2 pairs as rainshowers/wet rides make walking around in wet shoes really ucky!

The best tips I ever got have to do with planning.

1. Read everything you can get your hands on books
and on the DIS boards.
2. Listen to peoples reviews of resturants, hotels,
attractions, transportation, etc....
(the majority is usually correct)
3. Review menus to help make the right choice for
families needs. (taste & $$$)
4. Use a note book to keep track of you entire vacation
plans - times & dates, PS's, reservations,
lists (packing, rides and resturants you want to try)
important phone #'s, costs (to compare prices), all
the other great tips etc.
5. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN,
and when you are finally done,
Plan some more! :earboy2:

Individual serving packets of Crystal Light to add to water bottles after filling them in the park. (Most say the water in the parks is just fine now)
Much cheaper than buying drinks in the park and much healthier than soda to keep hydrated.

13 days and we're off to DISNEY! :moped: :moped: :moped:

Fat pen for characters to sign autographs.

Put autograph book and pen in a ziplock bag.

Take cereal and breakfast food and eat in room one can eat while another showers and gets dressed. HUGE time saver in the AM for us.

If you don't want to stand on a bus when leaving the parks at closing get in line when bus is starting to have ppl stand and it's your turn step aside to allow others on the bus who don't mind standing. Once that bus is loaded you step back in front of the line and your the 1st ones on the next bus.

Don't flame me for that last tip I myself think when the seats are full the bus is full and they should not be allowed to haul persons standing on a bus.

The over the door shoebag love that one.

Avoiding EMH PM that day

Body Glide for chafing and peppermint lotion for tired legs and feet, along with using antipersperant on feet to prevent blisters.

The information that any CS will give out LARGE cups if ice or water free.

Using a t-shirt stetched in an embroidery hoop with a permanent laundry marker to get autographs instead of an autograph book.

Recommendation for Teva Pretty Rugged Leather sandals and Teva Mush flip flops. LOVE, LOVE my Tevas!

Tips on calling for CRT. They've worked twice this year already.

Room Codes!

* Arrive before park opening to maximize your exposure to short lines
* If you have young kids, hit Fantasyland first thing - you can do the whole thing in about 1 1/2 hours w/o long lines
* Avoid EMH pm - go to that park the next morning instead (If EMH is Thursday night at MK, go there Friday am instead)
* Use Fastpass
* Use babyswap (if necessary)
* Look in the chest of draws at Tinkerbell Treasures (located in Fantasyland) to see Tink - my dd loved this
* Take an afternoon break to rest or swim and return to parks at night
* View Wishes from Main Street
* Britta Water bottles are great
* Buy fan misters and glow sticks from home instead of the parks - much cheaper
* Do at least 1 character meal, they are fun!!

There have been so many great tips, keep reading these boards as the ideas are plentiful!

Have a game plan for each day, but be flexible. This board, mousesavers, allears, and unofficial book are great sources.

Let the little ones nap around the usual time. You will have a better trip.
You won't see everything , so don't try.

Take one day just to relax and enjoy yourself at pool.

All of the character meals seem great, my daughter especially likes Cinderella's Castle. HoopDeeDoo is a fun time. I was leary but had a great time. (especially after a couple of adult beverages which came with the meal)
Eat breakfast in room.

Get to the parades and fireworks early for better views. The closer you are to Main Street for Wishes, the sooner you will get to leave. We watched one parade at the mexican rest. in frontier land while we ate and it worked out fine. We watched the Epcot fireworks at their mexican rest. and it worked out great.

Main street stays open 30 minutes later than everything else, its the time to get your gift before leaving.

Kids meals aren't expensive and adult meals could be split.

Fanny packs with camera, snacks, ponchos and zip lock bags for Splash Mountain and other wet rides.

Remember you are on vacation, relaxe and take in everything as you walk, there can be many surprises.

A cast member gave us this suggestion:
Don't forget to write your name and contact phone number in the front of the autograph book. You would be surprised how many people walk away without their books ;)

Wow-after all these years I thought I had all the tips I needed-I was wrong, I just picked up a few more! :goodvibes

I like to bring room spray (I like vanilla) it makes the room smell nice and as the rooms are small, the bathrooom is smaller, and, well, you know....... I've also brought the plug-in deodorizers too. I've you don't have young kids, a nice scented candle and matches in the bathroom work great. (A candle is good for romance too :lovestruc -for safety I use the ones that come in their own jar.-Make sure to blow them out before you leave room)

If I'm staying in value resort, I bring along a small plug-in fan (with a clip-on attachment-I attach it to the bed headboard). I find the rooms too quiet in the night, I need some white noise to sleep. Also, the rooms warm up at night and the air movement helps with being cooler.

This year I'm bringing our own blow up mattress for my DD6. As with most kids she is a bed-hog and is hard to sleep with. Usually we have her sleep on the floor between the two beds. We make her a bed out of our beach towels, extra blankets, and sheets. I found an inexpensive twin bed mattress at target for $20 including the rechargeable blower-upper. She's tested it at home. It's very comfortable and it only weighs 3 lbs. The roll aways ($10 per night) take up alot of room and I've hit my shin on them several times.

I found small, purse sized fan (no mist) at Walmart the other day (it even has a clip to attach to key chain, etc.). The fan is more powerful than the mister fan we use. (We used both recently at an Angel's game) They're $1, including batteries!. Our store had them in the electrical dept.-I had to buy another one, my mom wouldn't give it up! :rotfl2:

Keep up the good tips-Ziplock autograph book, power strip, suction cup holders, etc.

33 days and counting! :cheer2:

I Dream of Disney said:
A cast member gave us this suggestion:
Don't forget to write your name and contact phone number in the front of the autograph book. You would be surprised how many people walk away without their books ;)

Also, when we wrote our DD's name in the front of the book, most of the characters looked to the front for her name, and personalized the autograph :flower:

I made up business cards on the computer.

For each day, one card contains the date, our itenirary and any confirmation #'s.

I will print them off on regular cardstock (cheaper than business cards), cut along the lines and laminate each one incase they get wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter