TIPS: Star Wars Weekends 2011

Having been through that line three times, I feel your pain.

we were quite lucky, as soon as we got into the park around 8:20 or somthing startours was only a 5min wait!!! and then we got fast passes so we could ride again. stood in line for r2d2 an c3po got a picture just before it was their time to go..lucky enough as i was taking a picture of my sis an her b/f luke walked out!! the b/f was very pleased lol and we got a pick of all three i was quite surprised. then after that it was horrible..unfortunately the starwars weekend was unbearable. In the theater for Saga with Anthony Daniels i got yelled at by him for not adoring him haha.

I found this:

...Star Tours 2 News
Free Star Tours lanyard for Disney World Annual Passholders June 3-5
If you're a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder and are visiting Star Tours between June 3-5, 2011, there's a momento you can get for free! Disney is offering Annual Passholders a free and exclusive Star Tours lanyard.

The free lanyard will be availably only on June 3-5 at Jabba's Hutt merchandise tent (behind Rock 'n Roller Coaster) while supplies last. One lanyard per passholder.
A word of advice ... if you have your heart set on getting a lanyard, be there June 3rd first thing in the am when they open. We were there opening weekend - the first Friday just after lunch and after standing in line for an hour (if not more), they had already sold out of the Darth Vader Passholder tumbler a couple hours earlier. We were not impressed one bit :sad2:

Matt Lanter is my goal for next Sunday! I have my fingers crossed to meet him

I was wondering, do they pair the Disney-Star Wars characters together? For example Jedi Mickey and R2MK together and Vader Goofy and Stormtrooper Donald together? Im also a bit confused, there is a point where the CMs will make you leave the line if you want to wait for another character to come out? Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately I've found the VIP line to be extremely confusing in regards to timing who is out and when. I was lucky, and got Mickey, Minnie, and R2-MK all together. But it took precise timing to get all 3

;)
That's something we are really going to have to consider. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but we plan to be there at 8:15-30, and gates have already been open 30 minutes, wonder where we should hit first? ST or TSMM for FP? We are not doing autographs. Son wants to go on ST so bad. He's funny as he is high functioning autistic / aspbergers and he said we had to go on ST first, then he considered for a moment and went into a long explanation of how we actually have to check into POFQ first and then goto HS and then goto ST (trust me a lot more detail than what I just put in that sentence). Anyone with an ASD kid will appreciate that. LOL.

:lmao: I have 2 boys, both w/ASD. My 12 year old is an aspie. My 10 year old has moderate ASD. SWW was one of the best things we have ever done at Disney. Both LOVED JTA & got to fight Darth Maul this time which was a dream come true for my oldest. This was his last go for JTA. He did it once before last August & got to fight Vader:)

The boys were wild about ST2. I think we were all highly impressed. I would have been happy to ride it again & again just to see what popped up! I love never knowing where you are going;)

I hope your son enjoys it as much as mine did. MTFBWY.

Luke, Leia, C3PO and R2D2 used to be at Star Tours but the area they were in now is inhabited by the new queue Star tours line. At least in Jabba's Hut I can hang out in an air conditioned room. Lines though average 30-45 min. It's been Luke, then Leia, then C3PO w/R2D2 switching out occasionally. It's been frustrating trying to time it; R2D2 left just before my family; and a family "stole" that time. :mad: A toddler walking by saw R2D2 and ran underneath the rope toward him; disrupting the picture of the family before us. He was grabbed out of the way by his mom, and of course he started to cry. The mom(these people were never line, they were just looking at the merchandise, and we were there for the past 40 min.) begged and begged....and they got that pic before R2D2 left. :sad2: So we just got C3PO alone. Can you tell that's still bothering me? (sigh)

R2-MK is with Jedi Mickey; he's cute too.

We tried 4 times. Got Luke, Leia, C3PO, missed R2 w/ one other family in front of us who wanted to meet the little delis just as bad:(. Bummer. But, considering all we did accomplish, all is good. I wish I was a local. I'd be there every weekend:). I have been a fan since age 6 & it is nice to see my boys enjoy it so much!

Matt Lanter is my goal for next Sunday! I have my fingers crossed to meet him

Unfortunately I've found the VIP line to be extremely confusing in regards to timing who is out and when. I was lucky, and got Mickey, Minnie, and R2-MK all together. But it took precise timing to get all 3

hahaha me tooooo!!! that was pretty much the deciding factor for me going this weekend:love:

Can you pick who you get to fight at JTA? My daughter really wants to fight Vader.

Not that I know of, unless you count people and I don't know how easy that would be. I think think first group gets Darth Maul. The second set is split between Vader and Ventress w/ Ahsoka as their Padawan helper. I'm not sure how random it is or if they switch out in a pattern.

If she really wants Vader I would go during the week.

I watched some Youtube videos of JTA. It looks like they teach the kids certain moves in order and then they use those moves when fighting Vader/Maul/Ventress.

What happens if a kid "freelances" his moves during his "fight"? Something tells me my DS would try a "Force Push" or "Force Grip", to say nothing of his lightsaber skills.:rotfl:

They deal with 100's of children a day - part of the expectation is for kids to follow the instructions given and while there is some leeway, mostly kids stick to the "routine" as much as developmentally able. The Jedi Master is in between Vader or whoever it is andt he child so that the kids pretty much stay on track. There are 15 kids to get through.

I have a quick question....

do they have assigned locations for photos with Ex. Darth Goofy etc...

or..

do they roam the parks and its first come first serve?

If there are lines...how are they?

Are we talking about an hour to take a picture with Vader?

thanks in advance for any answers....

I have a quick question....

do they have assigned locations for photos with Ex. Darth Goofy etc...

or..

do they roam the parks and its first come first serve?

If there are lines...how are they?

Are we talking about an hour to take a picture with Vader?

thanks in advance for any answers....

Disney SW characters: next to ABC Commisary
Queen Amidala: next to SOunds Dangerous
Chewbacca: Speeder bike next to Star Tours
Ahsoka, Cp. Rex, Commander Cody and Assaj Ventress: Next to Premiere Theater
Jedi Council( Anakin, Shaak Tii, Kit Fisto and Mace Windu: Next to San Francisco Street.
Roaming characters in this area Clone Troopers and Jawas
Darth Vader: Next to Studio Catering Restaurant.
Darth Maul: Next to Backlot Tour
Jango and Bobba Fett: Backlot Tour
Roaming characters in this area: Stormtroopers, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel and Gamorrean Guard
Luke, Leia, R2D2 and C3PO: Jabba's Tent by RnRC
characters that appear in the same area rotate, keep that in mind.
Longest lines are Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Disney SW. around 1 hour to 1 hour and a half. If you want to take pics with characters go there first thing in the morning, the heat gets really bad the longer in the day and almost most of the characetrs are in direct sunlight.

Can you pick who you get to fight at JTA? My daughter really wants to fight Vader.

You can't really pick, the cast members separate the kids randomly and half go up on stage to fight Vader, and the other half are in front of the stage and fight Maul/Ventress. The only thing you can do is make sure your daughter tells the CM that she wants to fight Darth Vader. Then keep your fingers crossed.

From what I saw last week, the line of kids on the right always seems to go up on the stage.

I watched some Youtube videos of JTA. It looks like they teach the kids certain moves in order and then they use those moves when fighting Vader/Maul/Ventress.

What happens if a kid "freelances" his moves during his "fight"? Something tells me my DS would try a "Force Push" or "Force Grip", to say nothing of his lightsaber skills.:rotfl:

The Jedi Master is right there directing the whole thing, so there is not a lot of room or time for your son to "freelance". They have a lot of kids to get through, so it all moves along pretty quickly.

Not that I know of, unless you count people and I don't know how easy that would be. I think think first group gets Darth Maul. The second set is split between Vader and Ventress w/ Ahsoka as their Padawan helper. I'm not sure how random it is or if they switch out in a pattern.

If she really wants Vader I would go during the week.

So, when it's not SWW, is there only Vader? I know a 6 year old who will be sad if he doesn't have Vader to fight in July.

So, when it's not SWW, is there only Vader? I know a 6 year old who will be sad if he doesn't have Vader to fight in July.

During non SWW it's usually just Darth Vader, but if you go during busy times (like 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) you get the 2 people to fight, Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

Weekend 3 is coming up, who's coming and what are your plans? Maybe we can do a Dis meet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter