TIPS: Star Wars Weekends 2011

I planned our ADR's on the info I had at the time of when the Hoopla started 2 yrs ago when we saw it..... around 4:30 ish or so..... well, I got a dinner spot at our favorite place- Sci-Fi at 8:05pm and now have discovered that the Hoopla doesn't start this year until 7:45pm!!!!! yikes!

Is there even a remote possibility we can still make our 8:05pm adr after watching the Hoopla??

How long will our ADR be held if we are a little late?

Opening ceremony was CRAZY!!! Crowd was huge. Here is a pic:
f13a7f49.jpg

Hey - I resemble someone in that picture! :goodvibes Sorry I didn't take any pictures facing backwards to catch you in one. It was absolutely crazy!

No Stormtrooper Donald???? We have a soft spot for the duck:)

We saw Donald out with Goofy at the character spot.

OPening day was a bit chaotic but Saturday was wonderful.

No kidding! And it was difficult to get info from several of the CM's on Friday. I asked one when the parade was going to be and she spouted information about the standard afternoon one. Finally she offered up the time for the Star Wars one to the stage. And then finally expanded a bit more. :headache: DH really wanted to see George Lucas so we chose Friday. We talked about going back another day and guess we should have.

They opened an hour early again today. It was sort of funny. Yesterday a huge crowd showed up early and they didn't open early; today much fewer people showed up early and they did open early. I think in reaction to yesterday. It is funny because people must be getting info on the net. This was another really nice and easy morning - yesterday was a chaos, today we rode TSM twice without getting off. I'll post a tr tonight.

Fri - they started letting people through the turnstiles around 8:40ish. The held people at the rope for a few minutes and then let SW/ST/JT people go. About 5 minutes later they let everyone else go through. No preshow at all outside of the Stormtroopers on the roof.

Sat - Stormtroopers started a little before 8:00 - people let into turnstiles and park was fully open. Posted opening time 9:00.

I had taken Holden on to ST grabbed a fp for later and rode standby twice with no wait. DR took MH to TSM and rode twice without getting off. We met back at H&V for breakfast about 8:45.

Boy were there some desperate and frustrated looking people huffing and puffing into the park - the ones that thought it was opening at 9am - like Disney posted and resorts were telling people. I think it was so rough yesterday morning that they wanted to avoid it today. It still kind of stinks for people who were trusting Disney's information about park opening times.

We got fp's to meet Dee Bradley Baker later this afternoon. Went to Jaba's Tent and saw those characters. Timed it perfectly to see Ashley Ecsktein and got her to sign MH's t-shirt.

Taking break for a bit and heading back to see Dee Bradley Baker. DR will post our pics later. Excellent morning.

yesterday was our 1st SWW! We were the first people at the turnstills so we could not see the opening Storm trooper show since they were over our heads:(. All our boys got 1st JTA session against Darths Vader & Maul so it was worth it:). My boys especially wanted to fight Darth Maul & got to. Later in the day, we went to meet Maul, my 10 year old w/moderate ASD grabs their Jedi robes with the mouse ears on top:) and tells me "Don't worry, me and Joshua (or Jawa as he says it) will handle this.". He went up there & started pointing at Darth Maul & talkin'some smack while Maul was signing autographs. When Maul got done, he started doing his predator pace around Aidan & then stared him down. I saw Aidan put his fingers to his mouth, gulp, and slowly take a few steps back. IT WAS HILARIOUS. My family was rolling! Absolutely loved it.

We met Jedi Mickey w/R2MK, Stormtrooper Donald w/Darth Goofy, & Princess Minnie Leia (took about 1 1/2 to accomplish), Queen Amidala, skipped parade:(((, went to Jabba's Hut & got Limited edition pins & passholder pins & t's, and Darth cup back in stock, met Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Ventress (awesome looking), Ahsoka (also great job making her up) w/captain Rex, random Clone Troopers, Imperial Troopers, Jawas, Darth Maul, & Mace Windu. Rode ST2 & for exact sequence as our 2nd one yesterday (what are the odds LOL), but the ride is simple amazing!!!! Hope to do it a couple more times to more totry & catch the podrace:)

Pictures from JTA are AMAZING. The highlight for me was the Hyperspace Hoopla. It was the most fun EVER at a Disney show for me. It was outstanding!!!

I'll keep you posted if we go back for the droids & Anakin tomorrow:). MTFBWY

yesterday was our 1st SWW! We were the first people at the turnstills so we could not see the opening Storm trooper show since they were over our heads:(. All our boys got 1st JTA session against Darths Vader & Maul so it was worth it:). My boys especially wanted to fight Darth Maul & got to. Later in the day, we went to meet Maul, my 10 year old w/moderate ASD grabs their Jedi robes with the mouse ears on top:) and tells me "Don't worry, me and Joshua (or Jawa as he says it) will handle this.". He went up there & started pointing at Darth Maul & talkin'some smack while Maul was signing autographs. When Maul got done, he started doing his predator pace around Aidan & then stared him down. I saw Aidan put his fingers to his mouth, gulp, and slowly take a few steps back. IT WAS HILARIOUS. My family was rolling! Absolutely loved it.

We met Jedi Mickey w/R2MK, Stormtrooper Donald w/Darth Goofy, & Princess Minnie Leia (took about 1 1/2 to accomplish), Queen Amidala, skipped parade:(((, went to Jabba's Hut & got Limited
edition pins & passholder pins & t's, and Darth cup back in stock, met Luke, Leia, Chewbacca,
Ventress (awesome looking), Ahsoka (also great job making her up) w/captain Rex, random Clone
Troopers, Imperial Troopers, Jawas, Darth Maul, & Mace Windu. Rode ST2 & for exact sequence as
our 2nd one yesterday (what are the odds LOL), but the ride is simple amazing!!!! Hope to do it a couple more times to more totry & catch the podrace:)

Pictures from JTA are AMAZING. The highlight for me was the Hyperspace Hoopla. It was the most fun EVER at a Disney show for me. It was outstanding!!!

I'll keep you posted if we go back for the droids & Anakin tomorrow:). MTFBWY

BEST DAY EVER!!!

DH is planning to take DS to sign up for Jedi Training straightaway. (And now we know to get there even earlier than we had planned.) I know DS needs to be with DH to sign up, but does DS need his ticket? Or can I take the tickets and brave the TSM rush (yikes!) to get us FP for later?

Thanks for all the tips---DS is so excited, and I feel much more prepared to make this memorable because of your help.

Best,
Meredith :goodvibes

I was just wondering how early you all are getting there for the autograph fastpasses. My son wants to meet Dee Bradley Baker.... he is a huge Star Wars fan, but an even bigger Phineas and Ferb fan, and DBB is the voice of Perry on Phineas and Ferb. :)

I of course want to maximize those sleep hours and not get there any earlier than necessary. :rolleyes1

Any recommendations based on the lines so far this weekend?

Can anyone there this weekend tell me if the Star Wars Vinylmations are sold out yet? I missed them the first time, and I'm HOPING to buy some when we are at SWW next weekend.

Dee Bradley Baker.

we got there about 6:10 this morning and were at the end of the first show. So if you are there about 6/6:30 you should get a spot.

Not only is he Perry, but he was pizza guy on higgly town heros. Heck, he is most every cartoon made in the last decade or so!

Really nice guy.

Lousy Reception w/ this iPhone in les chefs de france but will post more tonite back at bonnet creek and Internet. Low battery. Will answer questions then

May I ask where you saw these guys? I really want photos of these guys!

They are just to the left of TGMR - along the path to ABD Commissary. There is little to no shade in their line so be prepared with a cold drink or fan or something to help the wait :thumbsup2

Its our last group of characters to get and we're dreading it!

I was just wondering how early you all are getting there for the autograph fastpasses. My son wants to meet Dee Bradley Baker.... he is a huge Star Wars fan, but an even bigger Phineas and Ferb fan, and DBB is the voice of Perry on Phineas and Ferb. :)

I of course want to maximize those sleep hours and not get there any earlier than necessary. :rolleyes1

Any recommendations based on the lines so far this weekend?

We were there around 7am and got into his second signing. I would also try to get into his show - he did "Perry" on stage today! (and about 50 other voices!)

May I ask where you saw these guys? I really want photos of these guys!

Right where Melissa said. Can't miss it. I would go early. You have to get in line, take who you get 1st & then keep getting back in line for others. They rotate every 20 minutes, the CMs will tell you while you are in line who is coming out & what time so you can gage where you need to be in line. They will look the other way if you are in the back of the queue & let people in front of you, but not if you get up to the gatehouse. After that, you will have to leave the line & get back in if you don't want to meet who is up.

They are super cute, so it is worth it. We lucked out & got Donald & Goofy at the same time:). Good luck!

I planned our ADR's on the info I had at the time of when the Hoopla started 2 yrs ago when we saw it..... around 4:30 ish or so..... well, I got a dinner spot at our favorite place- Sci-Fi at 8:05pm and now have discovered that the Hoopla doesn't start this year until 7:45pm!!!!! yikes!

Is there even a remote possibility we can still make our 8:05pm adr after watching the Hoopla??

How long will our ADR be held if we are a little late?

I don't remember the Hyperspace Hoopla ever being at 4:30pm. The past few years it's been at 7pm.

The show is about 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter