• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips or Info About the Hilton in DTD?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
We booked for Oct 12 - 16 2007 at the Hilton right by Downtown Disney. Anyone stay here and have info about it? Thanks! :)

I have not actually stayed there but have attended two conferences there.

It is a fine hotel of 4-star quality. You probably know you have early entry privileges when staying there.

It is literally a 5-minute walk to Downtown Disney. When walking there, exit through the back door by the pool, NOT through the main entrance. This will save a lot of time. Be sure to eat at Earl of Sandwich at least once!

We stayed there one night in July before moving to our timeshare. We used our Hilton Honors points and the stay cost us nothing. When my husband went to check in he politely asked if an upgrade would be possible and they said we had already been upgraded (remember we weren't paying a dime) to concierge level (probably because of our Hilton Honors level). The concierge lounge was small but very nice. We had evening appetizer type food and the next morning had a nice breakfast. The rooms were small but I loved the layout; one sink outside the bathroom, so there were actually two sinks. I had read where the bathrooms were outdated but the only thing old looking to me was the style of the tub. It was clean so it didn't bother me. I was so happy with two sinks! We didn't have time to swim but the pool area looked large. There is a Disney store on the main level, the food court area I believe was open 24 hours and looked great. Parking was no problem at all. The beds are double size and smaller than we are used to but the mattress and the bedding are wonderful. Everyone at the front desk went out of their way to be helpful. We took advantage of the EMH and took off for the Magic Kingdom around 5:30 in the evening and stayed until it closed at 2 AM. Now THAT was fun! Less crowds, no glaring sun and no heat. We enjoyed being so close to Downtown Disney and we DID happen to eat at Earl of Sandwich for the first time and enjoyed it. We saw the new Harry Potter movie at Downtown Disney that trip as well. Great theater. Stand in the middle of the lobby and whisper. The acoustics are really cool. We didn't try out the bus system since we had our car. Hope you enjoy your stay there, we sure did. And it NEVER hurts to ask for an upgrade!!

Thanks for the great review! I am soo excited about my upcoming stay, especially since I got it for $60.00 on priceline for a Sept. trip!!!!

One question..do they offer a rollaway bed? We only have 4 poeple but since you say the beds are small, just wondering if could put my 7 yo on the rollaway.
Thanks

We're staying on points as well. I'm very excited. We've done the on property thing many times and I want to stay off property but close to DTD. I'm not a bid WDW food fan, so I was glad to hear that your report about food at the Hilton tasted and looked good ;) We also like STeak and Shake down the road....lol...:thumbsup2 I'm all for a comfy bed too! Thanks again for the review!

Been there twice on HHonors points and loved it - both times we had access to the HHonors lounge - used the free breakfast there daily.

My kids were teenagers at the time and the property fit our needs. We liked the quick access to DTD.

Is the HHonors lounge for those with a certain number of Reward points? Thanks

Usually when a HHonors member (hilton hotel's reward program) that is at a certain "level" checks in to a hotel, he (or she) is welcomed to use the lounge/hospitality suite.

But anyone can join the program for free and request access to the HHonors suite - I'll bet that they would get more yes's than no's.

I would call and ask about rollaway beds, I imagine they would have them. We used a rollaway bed in the New Orleans Hilton a few years back. Not sure how well it would fit in the small room we had at DTD though. When we get a 1-bedroom suite at our timeshare resort we usually bring along a thin sleeping bag (made out of think blanket material, zips up) and a twin aeron bed with pump and one kid sleeps on that.

We Just returned from our stay at the Hilton, they do have roll aways for 15.00 per night extra. We needed one as the double beds at this resort are very small. The Hotel itself is very nice, staff was very polite and friendly. We found the rooms and hotel itself to be very clean. The pools are ok nothing special no water slides. We stayed here the last three nights of our Disney vacation and enjoyed it, The only negative I have is the rooms have no balcony's and the windows do not open.

Thanks for the reply's on the rollaway beds, I was nervous about the double beds being too small, it's good to know that is an option. We are only staying there for 1 night, so I will wait until I check in to decide is I really need one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter