Tips on the Magic from an 11 year old!

Barnsquad

Mouseketeer
Wazup! Last yr when I went on the MAJIC it was un belivable! It was so fun to find new places onboard. I went with my parents , my brother and another family that we are good friends . (They have a daughter my age.)I also went with my cousin aunt and uncle!

TIPS:
#1. save around $100 to spend, your parents arent going to buy evorything you have your heart set on!
#2.you should go to Florida a day earlier and stay at a hotel to give you some resting time for later.
#3. When you get to the place where you will board your boat it doesnt matter where you are in line, we are all going to the same place right?
#4. If you have a todler or a younger child with you then you should bring something to keep then bussy because it takes a while untile Chip,Dale, or Goofy come out to say hello.
#5. When I went on the Majic we all went to our rooms unpacked quickly and then wenyt in the familt pool.(the first day is never bussy on deck untile the party!)
#6 make friend with your waitors orwaitresses.
#7 If you have Loyd as a head waiter then tell him that alexis and chealsea said hi!
#8. when it is time to leave onto one of the islands then make sure that you know where to get in line to you wont have to wait a long time!
#9. wash your hands and be cautiouse of what your touching, you donyt know where it came from.
#10. you should sihgn up for an excursion we did the cadameran and it was awesome! and if you like to shop then go for it! the jewlry prices are more thanaffordable or you could just stay onboard and not worry about the ship beeing so packed!
#11. if your traveling with a bunch of kids then you should go on the islands for as long as you can.. this is a life time experience ,make it fun.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thank you so much for the advise. I will be taking my 2 girls on the Wonder in July and one will be 11 and the other 13. So I will make sure I have them read what you wrote, because they will believe someone their own age more than me. It was very thoughtful of you to give your perspective.

Thank you'
kathleen

Hi Barnsquad:

Thanks for your advice, it was very helpful. I'm a 12 year old girl who will be going on the 4 night cruise in August with my family. I'm excited but I have a lot of questions about it too. I've never been on a cruise before.

Such as:
--are the swimming pools warm or cold? And how was the swimming on the islands?
--is the food good and did you eat much ice cream, what snacks did they have?
--what kind of things did they have to do in the Oceaneer Lab and did you go, and was it fun if you did go?
--did you go to any shows or movies and were they good.
--let me know on this board if you might like to be email pals.

thanks for the info-- Allie

:sunny:

Thank you Barnsquad for the great tips...

Did you hang out in the oceaneers lab? how was it?

I'm 11 and I went on the magic in may (i was 10).

hilltopfamily: the pools are heated but in the morning they were pretty cold and the water playground at Castaway Cay was fun - the kids meals were great and i had A LOT of ice cream - they had tacos, pizza, chicken fingers and more for lunch and you could get fruit at Scoops (the place that you get the ice cream) - i went to the lab a lot at night and we mostly did the same things every night but when i went in the day it was much more fun - i saw the movie The Rookie with the lab and saw Disney Dreams with my family they were both good :D

>>^..^<<: like i said i mostly went to the lab at night and we really just hung out - they had beads to make necklaces with at least one night - i liked to play their "Bop It Extreme" - i thought the day time activities in the lab were better than the night time ones

I hope you have "Wonder"ful cruise ;)

Hey dude! We were on that 2/8/2002 cruise with you all! Great post. Joshua is totally psyched he is allowed to go into the Oceaneer's Lab this year. Last year he was too young and we had a problem getting him to stay for long - too boring. He is so excited to play the games. He better not page me all day!!!

For adults reading this -- the vanilla, chocolate covered Mickey ears ARE NOT just for kids! Have one - it's a liberating experience.

Cologne and jewelry were better prices on St. Maartin. Don't forget to check out the Guavaberry factory. They made awesome liquor-flavored shakes. Nice buzz! http://www.shabbyfam.us/stmartin.html

And about the shopping onboard - if you really want it - buy it. You probably will NOT find it anywhere else.

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter