Tips on the Family Beach

Silver Queen

DIS Veteran
I should have titled this Advice Concerning the Family Beach. This isn't about money. We are taking our DS, DDiL, and DGS (2 and 4) on their first DCL cruise. We're very excited. We are very familiarity Serenity Bay, but have never gone to the Family Beach. Can anyone offer any tips re: a good location, activities for the boys, etc. Is there any difference between Cookies and Cookies Too? Does the water get deep gradually? What about Barry Barracuda?

We found a great spot near Cookies Too that I would recommend (2nd tram stop). It was close to food, the beach, bike rentals and the splash area (Spring a Leak). Have fun!

There is no difference between Cookies and Cookies 2.

:offtopic: I want some Banana soft serve ice cream.

The depth of the water is very gradual, I could stand at a long distance out. In the snorkeling lagoon you had an area you couldn't stand but once you got way out you reached a point you could again. It was the most fantastic swimming area I have ever been in.

Our spot was by The Sand Bar, Cookies Too and a lifeguard tour. This was also a short walk to Spring a Leak. We found it perfect. We picked chairs at the end of the row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter