Tips on cool things to do off the beaten path

Two things we really enjoyed on our trip last October (this was an "adults only" trip):

- The Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island! It's a total hoot - we went three times during a 7-day trip. I got pulled up on stage one night to participate in their radio show, and had a blast. Have a drink called the "Kungaloosh".

- Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. Have a cocktail or glass of wine, and order their lettuce wraps - hands-down, our favorite meal of the whole trip. They're inexpensive, healthy, and fabulous tasting!

The mini golf nr Blizzard Beach is a good way to while away an hour or so. We will keep going back until DH lets me win!! The Fantasia one is also good but is more of a pain to get to. Take a bus to Swan resort and walk out past the pool (CM will tell you which way) and across the road.

We also like to walk along the boardwalk in the evenings (this usually involves a stop at Boardwalk Bakery) or in the mornings a walk from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness is very nice.

A Hidden Mickeys book takes the whining out of DH for a while in queues, also nice to look for them at resorts.

The conservation station at AK a lot of people miss, and there are LOADS of hidden mickeys on the mural at the entrance. The animals shows are good and it's nice to get out the sun for a while and sit down. Also I love to walk through the trails at AK (last time DH had a nap on a bench as I do like to take my time!)

This time I am going to find the secret path across AK (saw it on another thread) and see the porcupines!

If animals are your thing (I love them as you can probably tell) then WL is a great place to see some wildlife - armadillos, deer, hummingbirds and bunnies can be found there, along with duckies. If it's a hot day the duckies like to swim in the pool:lmao:

Our family loved roasting marshmallows on the beach at The Beach Club. I think they have the same thing at the Wilderness Campgrounds too.

has any one ever gone to Circle D ranch? Is it worth it? I was thinking of an R & R day, and thought dinner at Trail's End or Whispering Canyon finsihed off with the Chip & Dale movie??
Thanks in advance...

We were there in late May and they did have a young lady that went up on the bar in the round in front of the stage and she did that Irish gig you see on Lord of the Dance. I think that is the step dancing you are talking about. We were there for several hours while the band played and she danced at least three times for a song at a time. No cover, no fees, just ask to be near the band.

Thank you. I'm not sure if my daughter would actually get up and dance - although I don't see why she shouldn't - she's in competitions monthly - but I think step dancing is so cool to watch. She's actually in one this Sunday and trying to get her to practice her hornpipe is like pulling teeth:furious: :lmao: :lmao:

Thank you. I'm not sure if my daughter would actually get up and dance - although I don't see why she shouldn't - she's in competitions monthly - but I think step dancing is so cool to watch. She's actually in one this Sunday and trying to get her to practice her hornpipe is like pulling teeth:furious: :lmao: :lmao:

I think the young lady that danced while we were there was a paid employee. She had on the little outfit and her dances seemed scheduled. They may let your daughter dance if you ask.

Sounds like she is indeed a paid employee (future summer internship for my DD???). My DD practiced and practiced her hornpipe last night and FINALLY nailed it (sigh of relief) so she's getting more confident for Sunday.

I've heard of people going to the town Celebration and really loving it. Any stories? What do you do there?

Something my wife and I enjoy doing is on our last night, find out what time Wishes is going on at MK and take the ferry boat from the T&TC to the Magic Kingdom and then get back on and ride it back to the T&TC. If you time it just right, about the time the Castle comes into view, is when the fireworks begin and you have the whole boat virtually to yourself!

Definitely off the beaten path, if you are staying at Pop Century, walk over as close as you can to the unfinished section. It is so quiet & peaceful, almost eerie, like a different place, but really relaxing.

And also on the Boardwalk, take a surrey ride. I don't think my family has ever laughed so hard. We had some strangers take pity on us & push us up the hill...it was all so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter