Tips on cool things to do off the beaten path

tigertamm

Feel the Magic
Coolest thing we did this trip "off the beaten path" was to plan dinner at Ragland Road at 8pm. We asked for a table near the music and just in time for dessert we enjoyed 30 mins or so of wonderful Irish music. Loads of fun and great food.::yes::

This is a great tip! I also like to plan a dinner along the Boardwalk, and after dinner just stroll the area. Lots of great restaurants in the area, and it's very scenic.

Thanks for starting this!

A few years back we took the bus to PORS around 3:00 PM, walked the grounds, then hopped on the boat to DTD, where we had ressies at Fultons. It was a bit round about, but gave us a nice "adventure" before dinner. Now each year we plan another "adventure for dinner". Feb 2007 it was AKL for the walking tour and dinner at Boma.

I'm sure we'll come up with many new trips in years to come!!:thumbsup2

Great ideas!!!! The last time I was in the World with my girlfriends, we enjoyed finding those frozen coffee drinks. They were refreshing and the sugar/caffine jolt kept us going!!! There is one at the writer's stop in Hollywood Studios behind Sci Fi and there is a kiosk on the way to Mexico in Epcot.

Here is another tip...If you stay at Wilderness Lodge...take a walk with your family over to Fort Wilderness. We did this every morning we stayed and it was a lovely walk early in the morning and we would visit the horses and walk down by the lake. Great memories.

This is fun...I love to call the bakery at the resort in which I am staying and have a small cake delivered to my room...great for a birthday or first visit, but also good for "just because" The cakes run about $20, I have it delivered while we are at the parks and when we get home we have a wonderful cake with little plates and utensils. The cake ends up being our breakfast all week! Who cares... Cake For Breakfast... We are at Disney World!!!! The kids love it...even my big kids. I have ordered one at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge-White Cakes and they were both Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

We went in January over SuperBowl weekend and ate at the ESPN restaurant during the game (we had to get there early - they don't take ressies!). Not very "ladylike", but my dad, my husband, my brother, and his best friend had a really fun time.

626ish-I love that idea...We are big sports people here in Louisiana and one year I was at the parks by myself...I made sure I was at Epcot on the day the Saints played in the playoffs and walked over to the ESPN club for the game. I couldn't find a table in the bar...so I made friends with some other fans that had an extra chair. I had a wonderful time-I made sure to wear my teams hat to the parks that day, too!

ok...here is another one we have done lately. I have two teenage daugthers, well really one is 20. They both love Disney World, but they like to do it a little differently since they are older. At least one morning, we let them sleep late and take in a park by ourselves. Last year we did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour an then met them at the pool afterward. We also take one night as adult night and let them enjoy a park while we go to Jelly Rolls to listen to the dueling pianos. They know the parks well and we feel safe letting them venture out on their own and we enjoy some private time as well.

Do they have Irish step dancing at Raglan Road? My daughter's a step dancer and I thought she might enjoy watching.

A few years ago we had a late afternoon flight, but no park tickets
for the day. So we just got on whatever resort bus was the next to show
up and did a tour of the resorts. We also did the monorail resort tour.
It was great fun. We had a small snack at many of the restaurants
along the way. Usually something chocolate :-)

OK so here's the stupid question du jour: since we've never (obviously) been to Raglan Road, do we have to pay a cover charge or an entry fee or whatever to get in? See, told you it was stupid :lmao:

My family (irish of course) loves raglan road. they dont have step dancing-but i'm sure everyone would love to watch if someone started dancing...there is no cover for the bands and the food is great. We love to take the kids to the marketplace and have a "quiet" night away from the parks. We like to let them play at the legoland play area and dessert at haagen daz;)

Here's another one: DH is the kind of person who doesn't like to do anything repetitious. Movies, books, rides - he only wants to do them once, because he "knows what's going to happen". (I know, weird, right?)

Anyways, I bought him a Hidden Mickey book last time we were at the parks. If I ever wanted to ride something again, he would look at his book during the line and try to find all the hidden mickey's once we got to the ride. After our third time on Soarin' (my favorite!), he said "we'll have to ride that one more time. I missed one".

626ish: 1
DH: 0

:rofl2

My family (irish of course) loves raglan road. they dont have step dancing-but i'm sure everyone would love to watch if someone started dancing...there is no cover for the bands and the food is great. We love to take the kids to the marketplace and have a "quiet" night away from the parks. We like to let them play at the legoland play area and dessert at haagen daz;)

We were there in late May and they did have a young lady that went up on the bar in the round in front of the stage and she did that Irish gig you see on Lord of the Dance. I think that is the step dancing you are talking about. We were there for several hours while the band played and she danced at least three times for a song at a time. No cover, no fees, just ask to be near the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter