Tips i have learned/please add any you may have.

O.k. I appreciate the list very much. BUT**** Now I'm freaking out. What bugs? I hate bugs, I am deathly affraid of bugs. The type of afraid like , I would rather be run over by a truck than have one on me. You should have all seen the spectacle I made last June in Magic Kingdom (WDW) when I got bit on my neck by a huge red ant. You would have sworn someone shot me. I made a B-line to first aid. I went completely insane and almost threw up over the thought of a bug getting on me, let alone bite me. No one was to speak of it the rest of the trip otherwise I immediently was on the verge of throwing up. What's the deal with the bugs? Tell all please.

See link below about "Bed Bugs". That's the bugs people are discussing and why they are talking about putting your luggage in a garbage bag while on board to help prevent bringing them home.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1398868

Lighted clock, especially if in an inside stateroom.
Large clips or clip type clothespins to keep curtains closed, the ones separating sleeping areas. More privacy to change in.
Duffle bag for dirty clothes so you can use suitcase for all your purchases.

Just to clarify motion sickness medicine is Bonine(meclezine HCL) and it worked great for us, even the first night sailing over the gulf stream!!!

When we sailed on the 4 night, we bought Beach towels in Naseau, we did not plan on making any big purchases but wanted the experience of bartering with the locals!! It was fun, and we have a cheap souvenare from our stop there.

-bungee cord for balcony door
-hang off the door shoe organizer for stuff other than shoes
-appetite
-phone cards to use for tipping beyond cash
-something to make your luggage stand out from others. We use a special colored duct tape
-small bill cash for tipping off the ship

I've read (here) that phone cards are no longer desirable as most CMs have cell phones. :confused3

-A pack of thank you notes so you can tell your favorite servers, etc how much you appreciated what they did for you.
-Iron and then pack a days outfit in a 2 gallon bag. No searching for for socks, underwear, matching shirt. Especially great for kids. They can dress everyday in appropriate clothes with no help and their clothes remain wrinkle free.
-Pack a medicine cabinet. Everything you will need for stomache, headaches, cough, you name it. I've never regretted taking this along.
-Extra sunscreen and if you are getting braids spray on or stick for the scalp.
-A beach bag to carry the towels off the ship
-Mickey bars from room service, also a great snack and not on the menu

We have been on 3 DCL cruises and have never had a problem with bugs. Have never even seen a bug on the ship. I really think that too much is being made over this. Don't worry about it. Have a great time!

If you want to save packing space, hand sanitizer is really unnecessary. They have hand sanitizer outside every restaurant, and hand you sanitizing wipes every time you enter a restaurant or kids club. It's easy to pop into one (they freely allow you to do this) and either squirt a little on your hands or grab a wipe and go, even if you are not entering the area. But remember, hand sanitizer doesn't replace regular hand washing (and if you forget, it's posted everywhere).

O.k. I appreciate the list very much. BUT**** Now I'm freaking out. What bugs? I hate bugs, I am deathly affraid of bugs. The type of afraid like , I would rather be run over by a truck than have one on me. You should have all seen the spectacle I made last June in Magic Kingdom (WDW) when I got bit on my neck by a huge red ant. You would have sworn someone shot me. I made a B-line to first aid. I went completely insane and almost threw up over the thought of a bug getting on me, let alone bite me. No one was to speak of it the rest of the trip otherwise I immediently was on the verge of throwing up. What's the deal with the bugs? Tell all please.

Florida in general has plenty of bugs- some rather large ones, too. If you travel to Florida, you have to expect to run into at least a few of them. :goodvibes

I know, they have bugs. I just squirm at the thought of sleeping with them. Ewwwwwww! I'm gettin sick over the thought. I got bit last year by one of their Nasty Humongus ants. Ewwww, sick feeling again. I just do not want them in bed with me. When I'm asleep and helpless.

The tips for the bugs are just a precaution, if there are some i dont want to take them back in my house, if there are none, then i would rather be safe than sorry.

remember, hand sanitizer doesn't replace regular hand washing (and if you forget, it's posted everywhere).

Absolutely! :thumbsup2 I work for a food safety training company, and know for a fact (from the "horse's mouth"), that hand sanitizer does NOT replace soap and water washing. It is meant to be used in conjunction with it.

I agree also, 100% with the hand washing ting, i must wash my hands 50+ times a day at work, as i am a restaurant manager. And will do so on the ship as well, when ever soap and water is available, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of having that sanitizer in my pocket when ever NOT available!

PLUS i just like the feel of it on my hands!:goodvibes

How about some tips that I have learned about what not to take?

Too many shoes
Too many pants
Too many tops
and forgetting the flip flops!

I take the hand sanitzer to use especially when we are off the ships. Some places in Nassau might not have soap and water to wash.

I will probabally have the same thing to say when i get back....

I am sure i will take too many of eveything!

Florida in general has plenty of bugs- some rather large ones, too. If you travel to Florida, you have to expect to run into at least a few of them. :goodvibes
Yea, I understand "el Rushbo" live there!!:smooth: ditto - whatever they heck that means.

I know, they have bugs. I just squirm at the thought of sleeping with them. Ewwwwwww! I'm gettin sick over the thought. I got bit last year by one of their Nasty Humongus ants. Ewwww, sick feeling again. I just do not want them in bed with me. When I'm asleep and helpless.

Avoid programs that talk about what you don't see on your sheets, environment and even the human body at all costs. You'd have to live in a bubble to avoid it all.

-bungee cord for balcony door
-hang off the door shoe organizer for stuff other than shoes
-appetite
-phone cards to use for tipping beyond cash
-something to make your luggage stand out from others. We use a special colored duct tape
-small bill cash for tipping off the ship

What do you do with the bungee cord - jump off the side of the ship?:rotfl:

We have been on 3 DCL cruises and have never had a problem with bugs. Have never even seen a bug on the ship. I really think that too much is being made over this. Don't worry about it. Have a great time!

I couldn't agree more...I've been on 2 DCL cruises and getting ready for my
3rd in Nov. and have my 4th already planned for 2008 and I have NEVER had a problem with bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter