Tips for visiting while pregnant

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to WDW for a long weekend over Memorial Day. It will be our 6th trip together. I will be 15 weeks pregnant. I've decided that I'm not going to ride anything with a pregnancy warning - I've done it all multiple times and it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

I know I'll need a lot of water and breaks to rest (which I plan on doing while DH is on the "big" rides). I told my doctor I was going and she just said watch the rides and drink a lot of water. I am not a high-risk pregnancy.

This is my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping some of you can give me tips that I may not think of on my own.

I went at 15 weeks in May a couple years ago. No issues. We went with our 18 month old so I just basically just went on everything she did (and I did go on Soarin'). We watched a lot of parades and shows which worked out great for "breaks" and I made sure I drank a lot of water.

Some rides could make you a bit more nauseous while pregnant (teacups, buzz, toy story). I personally didn't have any issues with that though.

I went when pregnant with my first (and only) child in May 2009. I was 26 weeks along. It was obscenely hot and despite thinking I drank enough water, I ended up in Labor & Delivery in Celebration Florida with dehydration and heat stroke. Several IV bags of fluid and anti-nausea meds later, I was back in my hotel. Before that, I felt fine though. Only avoided rides that had the warning (no safari) and had a blast despite the hospital trip.

So my main tips are take it easy and when you think you've had enough water... drink more!

Last edited:
We went when I was about 23 weeks pregnant. No problems, didn't go on roller coasters but otherwise was the same as any other trip! Have fun!

In addition to the above advice, it is also good to keep in mind that every park has a First Aid Center which is a complimentary service open to all guests, you do not have to be ill or injured to go there, when in doubt if you feel even slightly dehydrated or over exhausted (especially being pregnant) you can go there to get some rest inside cool AC and drink some water, they also provide basic OTC meds and have a RN on duty at your disposal if needed that can quickly access you..

When I was 16 weeks pregnant with 2nd baby we went to Disney. I kinda got attacked by a seagull at Epcot. I was enjoying a pretzel, when a seagull decided to fly along and take it from me. His beak got my finger and i was bleeding a tiny bit. I went to first aid area to clean it and they gave me packets of neosporin and band aids. I was convinced I was going to catch something. I rode very few rides and we were there and it was February and not hot yet.
I'd bring a spraying fan and freeze bottles of water to take into the park and pack small snacks like nuts and crackers and fresh fruit. If you can, get a prescription of zofran for nausea just in case you need it.
I was spotting some on this trip and very scared- I had an ultrasound just prior to leaving for Disney and everyhing was ok but it was difficult for me not to be worried.

I've been twice while pg. Once at 29 weeks and once 12 weeks. At 29 weeks we went in June. It was crazy hot. But as someone who normally pounds out the rides, this was the trip I actually watched shows I'd never seen before.

My two cents = drink to thirst (don't force liquids), but stay away from pop; be mindful not to overeat; and seek shade. Staying cool will help discourage venous congestion, etc.

Went last year 2nd tri so was feeling pretty good BUT I was still forced by my little guy to slow down. I usually go on every ride, cross the park to get there, park hop, etc and fireworks are a must. That trip I was slower, much more relaxed, and was of course careful about what rides to go on. Drink lots of water, not soda, sit down as much as you can, and go back to the hotel to nap. Come back later for parades and fireworks. We had a lot of fun!

I was 4 months pregnant the last time we went and had a wonderful time. The walking can be exhausting, so I stretched a lot. But it really was a great trip. Enjoy!!

I went when 17 weeks pregnant. I actually became high risk about 2 days before our trip. We decided not to cancel and I just took it really, really easy. Definitely take lots of rests in the shade and stay hydrated. I didn't ride very much at all, but still enjoyed the trip - it was my then 4 and 6 year olds first trip. :)

I went at 10 weeks back in 2010 and developed morning sickness right before the trip.:crazy2: Like everyone has said, avoid the "big" rides, stay hydrated, have some snacks on you all the time. For me personally, some of the "shows" made me sick. Soarin' and the shows in Canada and France gave me bad motion sickness from just looking at the screen.

Congratulations!party:

DH and I are going to WDW for a long weekend over Memorial Day. It will be our 6th trip together. I will be 15 weeks pregnant. I've decided that I'm not going to ride anything with a pregnancy warning - I've done it all multiple times and it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

I know I'll need a lot of water and breaks to rest (which I plan on doing while DH is on the "big" rides). I told my doctor I was going and she just said watch the rides and drink a lot of water. I am not a high-risk pregnancy.

This is my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping some of you can give me tips that I may not think of on my own.

Big hint since I went to Disney World with my first pregnancy and it was my first trip with my husband. There are a TON of bathrooms around Disney World. You will probably use them all. Make sure your husband is more than willing to wait outside while you do what you need to do. Or, send him off to do something and then meet up later. Trust me - bathrooms will be your friend at Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter