Tips for surviving Saturday at F&W and Eat to the Beat with kids?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice, suggestions, and general reassurance that I can do this. Planning a late October trip around my kids' (DS11 and DS13) long weekend from school. It will be just the 3 of us. We weren't planning on hitting F&W - especially not on a Saturday night - until they announced that Toad the Wet Sprocket (my all-time favorite band) will be the Eat to the Beat concert the Saturday night we are there (also Sunday, but we leave Sunday afternoon).

I know the concerts are at 5:30, 6:45 and 8. I've also heard the first concert is usually the most crowded. My boys and I did F&W a few years ago and they really enjoyed trying new things and getting their passports stamped, so I think they'd like to hit at least a few food booths while we are there. Suggestions on how to manage this without going insane in the crowds??

Somewhat related, could we grab concert seats, and then could I leave the boys to stake out our seats while I grab some food for all of us, or is this frowned upon and/or flat out not allowed?

Thanks!

Last things first, if there are 3 of you in seats and 1 leaves to get food there should be no issue on holding the seat. Have them sit so there's a space for you between and if someone asks them to move down politely have them say, 'Our mom/dad will be right back'.

Sat will be crowded, no doubt. The 2nd and last shows usually are less crowded but if you get a group like Boyz II Men they'll all be jammed, don't know about Toad. When getting food from the kiosks in the Rose & Crown area we often find seating in the little patio that' right next to the Ireland booth. Sadly, no more Fisherman's pie.

Bill From PA

Saw toad at Illinois State for 3 or 6 bucks. Opened for Gin Blossums. Or vv cant remenber

I like to sit near the top of the theater so I can go back and forth for snacks and drink refills easily and unobtrusively.

If you've gone to F&W before than you know the BEST tip is get there early!! Make sure you're in the World Showcase at 11am and you can probably make a loop and hit most of the booths you want before the crowds get INSANE!! Take a break mid-afternoon and then come back for the concert.

If you've gone to F&W before than you know the BEST tip is get there early!! Make sure you're in the World Showcase at 11am and you can probably make a loop and hit most of the booths you want before the crowds get INSANE!! Take a break mid-afternoon and then come back for the concert.

We've got plans at another park for most of the day so no early arrival for us - planning to arrive at what I assume is literally the worst possible time - around 4pm. In my ideal world, we'd hit a couple of rides, grab a snack or two or three, and then catch the concert.

I haven't been to a concert in Epcot for about 2 years but it seems with all the dining packages and FP for the concerts, grabbing a seat is not that easy. From what I remember you have to line up and wait quite a while before get a chance to try to find a seat. Also any little bit on space on the benches makes people try to squeeze in. I wouldn't leave my child to try to defend my space nor would I try to eat anything with people almost sitting on top of you. Just my experience - YMMV

If you are planning on going to the concert at 6:45 after getting to the park at 4 I would suggest skipping the rides (unless you make a FP) and heading straight to the food and your seats, just to make sure you make it! That being said it may be in your best interest to plan a FP+ reservation for 4:30 ish if there is a specific ride you definitely want to do before dinner and the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter