Tips for staying cool in the parks?

Many years ago my sister,mother and I went during the forth of July and both my mother and sister got heat sickness. Was told to drink at least two glasses of Gatorade every day. Now we never go on a trip without it and now they make it in individual portions for a 16oz bottle of water

These are all really good suggestions. We have also targeted great places in he parks to cool down: MK - Cinema on Main St. You can sit and watch Mickey cartoons until the air conditioning cools you down. popcorn:: EPCOT - The Seas...I have spent more time with the Manatees than with my children on certain HOT days! :laughing: HS - The Muppet pre-show is a great place to cool down and laugh at Fozzie over and over and over :eek: and AK - Tough to be a Bug Pre-show area is fabulous for cooling down, though getting to it may be tricky depending on the crowd levels. We also "pretend shop" a lot.. long enough to cool down. :thumbsup2 Hope it all goes well for you!!:wizard:

I just picked up some Frog Togs for our trip in August! Have never used them before, so we'll probably try them out some time this summer and see if they'll work well enough to bring them along. We just stay hydrated and pop into the airconditioning if we get too hot!

I'm curious: does anyone know if the Frog Toggs are the same as the gel filled neck coolers? Has anyone tried both before? I'd love to know how they compare.

Frogg Toggs Rock! We are here now and used them today for the first time, we have two lg ones for adults and two scarf one for kids, my youngest thought these were great. And yes they really work... You will need to rewet them every 30 mins or so if you want them really cool, we got the free ice water at counter service, drank one and wet our Toggs with the other! They give you big , maybe 10 oz glasses if ice water for free.

Bought the smaller clip on misting fans at Academy and they work well but I find them useful only when standing still in a line for a longer period of time... We used ours waiting in line to see Pluto yesterday

Mid day ADRs for TS...... Very useful for cooling off and resting for a while

Frog Toggs are not the gel beads, kind of hard to describe them.... When dry they are stiff and hard but when wet they feel clammy... In a good way lol but they do not FEEL wet just cold. It's an odd material to me when wet. I do like that it is not heavy either around your neck

Frog Toggs are not the gel beads, kind of hard to describe them.... When dry they are stiff and hard but when wet they feel clammy... In a good way lol but they do not FEEL wet just cold. It's an odd material to me when wet. I do like that it is not heavy either around your neck

That's good to hear. The thing that has made me hesitate in buying them in the past is that they are HUGE. I can't imagine being so hot and having a large "towel" draped across my neck. It just makes me feel like I'd feel even hotter.

The scarf ones are much smaller, I've Al's heard if people cutting them in half lengthewise or really you could do that any way..... There are so many cold natured girls at my office now, I do plan to cut a smaller one from my large one once I am back in the real world and use for those sauna moments at work lol

So you CAN cut them and it won't ruin their effectiveness? Sold! Thanks for the info!

To those who have chilly pads, is it safe to assume i should get aults the pads and the three kids the scarfs?

Anyone tried a personal mister, like a misty mate?

I think it might depend on the time of year you go. If it's really humid, then using a mister-only product (without a fan) might not be too refreshing. If you're already damp and sweaty, adding more water might not help!

I like using a really powerful min-fan. Coleman makes a great one - it's called a Zephyr, I think. Some Target stores carry them, in the camping section. They're really powerful for such a small fan - much more so than a foam-bladed fan.

We bought the double insulated water bottles from target. They have kid themed ones like toy story. We filled with ice and water and these kept ice in them almost all day. When we went it was 95 every day. Lots of icecream breaks help too. :-)

I have read that the misting fans sold at WDW are expensive, but are actually a really good buy since if they break, you get get them replaced at any location that sells them. Is this true? We were thinking about buying a couple on our upcoming trip and storing them in our Owner's Locker.

To those who have chilly pads, is it safe to assume i should get aults the pads and the three kids the scarfs?

I use the scarfs and think they are plenty big. After getting it damp, I fold the scarf and drape it around my neck.

We always take bandanas and wet them in the park and put them around our neck. It will make you feel 20 degrees cooler and it's cheap.

What's the cheapest place to get frogg toggs?

I did a little research today and found that all places online were fairly comparable. What made the difference was the shipping. I ended up getting them from Amazon because they were about $3 less than the Frogg Toggs site and the shipping was also about $4-$5 less!

We always go in June. Others have already given great tips. Misting fans are great. We've always used ones from Wal-Mart no problem. Due to weight around your neck, I recommend smaller ones and refilling with water as needed. There are very lightweight neck towels - I used these:
https://www.chilltowels.com/
I don't remember where I bought them. Somewhere online. I bought a smaller size for my neck and it was perfect.

We also try to alternate indoor rides with being outside. Have regular breaks inside helps a lot.
I do not believe ice cream helps. We love to use the heat as an excuse, but really the heat melts it so fast, we end up with a mess, not cooled off.
Take water bottles and refill. If you don't like the water from the water fountains and are willing to stand in line, you can ask for free ice water at counter service locations. Stay hydrated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter