Tips for Renting from DVC owner

KeriZ

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I must admit I'm a little embarassed to be posting.(I've been a lurker for some time and this is only my third post)
Yesterday I posted my request for renting from a DVC owner and I'm already getting anxious that I might not be able to rent for May 2006.

Last year I tried in July to rent from someone for December and now I'm trying to rent for May 2006.

Tips on when I should post.

How realistic am I being given that I'm not a DVC owner that I will be able to rent a 2bd from BVW? ( I kind of feel silly because we have convinced friends to go with us and now I kind of have my heart set on this)

When should I give up and try other options?

Thanks for all your help

May is one of the slowest periods at DVC resorts, and those wanting to book May'06 can only just begin doing so now.

If you want a Boardwalk View or Standard View, then try to complete the process as soon as possible. The Preferred Pool / Garden View rooms will be available for many months to come.

Last year I booked a Standard View room for the first week of May, but didn't even make the reservation until October. I had no problem getting my dates. You'll be fine.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you. I saw your post about renting but didn't reply because OKW is my home resort and I couldn't book the resort you want until the 7-mo window. Just keep bumping your post on the Rent/Trade board.

Agree with tjkraz. You have plenty of time left to secure a 2 bedroom in the PV - Pool/Garden category for May of 2006.

December is much more popular than May - I'm not at all surprised you had trouble booking BWV for December 5 months ahead of time.

Best wishes -

I also agree with the others. May = No problem. It will be very easy to get this date. I booked a May room at BWV at about 3 months out. December is completely a different story. Very difficult to get your days if you don't book about 9 to 11 months out.

You will be fine.

Thanks for the confidence booster now I have two more questions:

I want to pay a fair price per point, what is that?

And how do I bump my thread (I know, I know you guys are laughing!!!???)

Thanks

Keri

KeriZ said:
Thanks for the confidence booster now I have two more questions:

I want to pay a fair price per point, what is that?

And how do I bump my thread (I know, I know you guys are laughing!!!???)

Thanks

Keri
$10-$12 a point is what is usual. To bump your thread, reply with the word BUMP and when you hit reply it will move to the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter