• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for MVMCP please :)

amy1115

Mouseketeer
Hi! New to the forum so nice to "meet" you all! Have been to Disney twice as a family but in November my husband and I are going just the two of us to celebrate our 12th anniversary. Unfortunately it will be a quick trip since we are taking another bigger family trip in May. We will be driving from Oklahoma arriving Nov. 13th to attend MVMCP for the first time and then AK on the 14th and MK again on the 15th and then driving back home. Anyway we want to make the most of our time, and never having been to the party, wanted to see if some of you that have been had any tips or thoughts on what to expect as far as waits and such.

Welcome!

I haven't been to MVMCP for a number of years, but I can pretty much advise you that ride lines will be short, while meet and greet lines (especially those for the specialty appearances like the 7 dwarves) will be long. You do not want to miss the parade or the fireworks, and as to the latter, this is one fireworks show that you probably want to see from the hub (the area in front of the castle).

I'm sure others will be able to advise you better.

I would definitely suggest watching the fireworks from the hub. Also, there is a castle projection show before the fireworks. I would suggest seeing the second parade as it is not as crowded.

Thank you! This link is very helpful! One thing it cleared up for me is that We can use fast pass that night. For some reason I thought we couldn't.

Yes, but only from 4-7. Or actually, I would not schedule after 6:30. Last couple weeks, there have been threads that Disney was canceling any FP+ after 6:30 on a party night. Not sure if that's still happening.

You need to make a plan. Since you will be in MK another day focus more on the party stuff.. Get there early!!!if want to meet rare character this is a must! Do not miss the parade or fireworks.. But finding a spot and waiting will eat up a chunk of time

We were there last December for MVMCP. There was a large crowd for the Frozen show. We watched the fireworks from behind the castle, which was cool because we were in the center of the fireworks with fireworks above the castle and behind fantasyland.

As for rides, both T7DM and PP were over 40 minutes wait. We walked on the other rides. Jungle Cruise became Jingle Cruise with the CMs changing up their spiel.

Crowds were large at the hub but light everywhere else. We watched the parade in Frontierland and got a good spot. We got there a few minutes before the parade came through.

And all you can eat cookies and drink hot chocolate, with a few additional choices throughout the park.

Although the event officially starts at 7pm, event guests are allowed in at 4pm.

Yes, but only from 4-7. Or actually, I would not schedule after 6:30. Last couple weeks, there have been threads that Disney was canceling any FP+ after 6:30 on a party night. Not sure if that's still happening.
Ok, so after the three before 7:00 you are not able to get a fourth FP because the party has started? Is this correct?

Ok, so after the three before 7:00 you are not able to get a fourth FP because the party has started? Is this correct?

Well, I suppose the only way that you could get a fourth, is if you used your first three quickly by trying to bump the next one up after you use each one, then, technically, I suppose you could get a fourth. But no FP+ are available after 7pm, which is the official start of the party.

Well, I suppose the only way that you could get a fourth, is if you used your first three quickly by trying to bump the next one up after you use each one, then, technically, I suppose you could get a fourth. But no FP+ are available after 7pm, which is the official start of the party.
That makes sense. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter