• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for Mickey & Friends Cart

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
I bit the bullet and bought this cart. It should be arriving Monday. Any tried or true tips that y'all old pros care to share?

ETA that I only have the baby bug with no plans to get the big E. Just thought someone might need that info.

TIA!

For pretty much everything you will want to use black as your base.
And the bigger you cut it out, the easier it is to put together.
And don't use the real dial setting because it will make it so the pieces don't fit together right.

I say too, don't make things to small. I don't do less then 4 inches. The bigger the easier for sure. I love this cart. I can't wait to go to Disney in June to use it again.

Look through the book! There are SO many fun shapes that you don't see on the keypad. All the disney carts have 'hidden shapes' (they aren't really hidden, just not on the keypad) so always look through the book.

Enjoy it! It's a fun cartridge!

Gotta agree about the size. Although, remember that the pluto laying down is the length not the height!

Here's a tip - really pay attention to the function keys when you're doing the character piecings. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the wrong one because I wasn't paying attention. Also, I don't know if it's just me or what, but I find it better to always use "shift lock" instead of "shift" to get the shift patterns. Sometimes it would cut the wrong ones if I wasn't in "Lock.

I find Goofy to be the hardest to cut except at very large sizes - his teeth are just WAY too small.

And a tip for the tongue - cut it out from white paper when you do your white pieces and color it pink with marker or chalk after the fact.

Oh yeah, turn up your patience with Chip and Dale. Even at their largest setting on the little bug they can be hard to piece together. Lots of tiny pieces.

Thanks for these tips! I look forward to playing with this cart!

I appreciate the tips too! I got the cart for Christmas and I haven't used it yet (no wet noodle lashings, please!!!!), but I'm excited to!

I'll add get out the Zig pen and piece together with alot of patience. I tried to do one at a crop and it was too much activity to pull it together. When I tried again in my own little crop space, I managed it fine.

I have been getting frustrated with the cricut. I just got it for Christmas and have tried to make some pieces. Everytime I try to make a character, one of the pieces gets snagged. Is this normal? Do I need to get a new blade? Or do I have the dials set wrong? Please help! :confused3

I have been getting frustrated with the cricut. I just got it for Christmas and have tried to make some pieces. Everytime I try to make a character, one of the pieces gets snagged. Is this normal? Do I need to get a new blade? Or do I have the dials set wrong? Please help! :confused3

A few things to check

1. is there a bit of paper stuck to your blade? That can cause problems

2. What type of paper are you using? For me, the Bazzill is hard to cut and hard on the life of the blade. For the tiniest pieces, I prefer non-textured cardstock

3. If you are using Bazzill, high speed, pressure and blade depth helps.

I recently got this cart and I LOVE it. I just took it to a scrapbooking weekend with five other girls and I could barely get to the cart for the rest of them using it!

One thing I like is to cut out the different "parts" of Mickey (just the pants, just a hand, just a shoe) in a big size and use them. I did a page using these elements and it turned out great. I also use the little bug so just doing these "parts" makes it easier.

There are so many ways to use this one and I am still learning myself. Enjoy it!!

Not all cardstocks are created equal. The textured ones don't work as well. I have applied a light finger pressure to the mat and paper when starting to cut. It helps. Not enough to hinder the blade movement but just enough to keep it steady. Once into the paper, I haven't had a problem with tearing.

i appreciate all the advice, too. i just picked up this cart an hour ago :)

the playing never stops with a cricut..

Does anyone have a chart with Bazzil colors that match the Disney characters?

I thought I had one at one time, but can not find it.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter