Tips for making a first trip magical

arwood82

DIS Veteran
I know all of the great people on the DIS will be able to help me out. We will be going to Disney the last week of Sept 2011. This will be my son and nephews first trip (they will be ages 1 and 2). I am just looking for anything that will help make their trip extra special. We will have the dining plan so we will do lots of character meals and we will be doing MNSSHP. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I always like to think that every trip to Disney is magical. We count our blessings when we realize that we can go when others can't. I think there is plenty to see and do on a first visit that it will be magical without you planning a lot.

One tip I have for you right off the bat given the ages of your children will be to try out the non-face characters at the parks first before you go to a character meal. Sometimes younger children don't take too kindly to the characters in their suits and it's better to find this out before they get freaked out at a character meal.

If they take well to the characters in the park they should be ok at the meals.

I know all of the great people on the DIS will be able to help me out. We will be going to Disney the last week of Sept 2011. This will be my son and nephews first trip (they will be ages 1 and 2). I am just looking for anything that will help make their trip extra special. We will have the dining plan so we will do lots of character meals and we will be doing MNSSHP. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Also, the kids are young so make sure and have them take a good rest in the afternoon so they are not too exhausted to enjoy MNSSHP.

We try to pick one thing to concentrate on each trip that gets us excited, keeps up looking for something and adds to the excitement when we achieve!

Two trips ago it was pressed pennies. We were on the hunt and on top of all the Disney excitement it was little mini thrills all trip long to find cool pennies we were looking for.

Last trip it was character pictures. I figured before my son starts to refuse to pose with them I was getting a ton. We did great and now he has his own photo album of pictures of just him with characters.

Character meals are great. They might like Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Try not to cram too much into your first trip, so it will be the most enjoyable. Take rests in the afternoon at the pool, before heading out to dinner/shows, etc.

Remember, there will be PLENTY more trips - don't try to get it all in the first time.:lmao:

Don't forget to pick up a couple of first-time visitor buttons for them. Free at the front of all parks and I believe some resorts.

Remember, there will be PLENTY more trips - don't try to get it all in the first time

I couldn't agree more. Just relax and enjoy your vacation. Don't feel the need to do EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, you never will see everything in one trip, so don't try. Just enjoy what you do get to do, and don't be afraid to relax.

(This, by the way, is what I believe is the #1 mistake people make when vacationing to WDW)

Have a magical day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter