• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for good pictures without Disney Photopass

Dodge34

Mouseketeer
What is the best tips to get great pictures at Disney without their Photopass system (why pay for pictures you can take for free with your own camera, I will never understand that) and without getting bumped by the crowds or simply being ignored when I take a picture and people constantly get in the picture without even excusing themselves. Disney is a fantastic place to grab great pictures but at the same time, there is so many people in the parks that sometimes just stopping to get a picture is impossible, especially if you want to capture the scenery around (Sometimes its impossible to get on the side of the road to take a picture of the scenery that is on the side of the road exactly, and if I go on the other side of the road, many people block the view I want to catch, is there a trick or tips, I have a Canon Poweshot SX10IS

Please I repeat it again, don't suggest their damn Photopass system, yeah their pictures are awesome but its not free and you can't grab the pictures in their largest resolutions without paying them.

What is the best tips to get great pictures at Disney without their Photopass system (why pay for pictures you can take for free with your own camera, I will never understand that) and without getting bumped by the crowds or simply being ignored when I take a picture and people constantly get in the picture without even excusing themselves. Disney is a fantastic place to grab great pictures but at the same time, there is so many people in the parks that sometimes just stopping to get a picture is impossible, especially if you want to capture the scenery around (Sometimes its impossible to get on the side of the road to take a picture of the scenery that is on the side of the road exactly, and if I go on the other side of the road, many people block the view I want to catch, is there a trick or tips, I have a Canon Poweshot SX10IS

Please I repeat it again, don't suggest their damn Photopass system, yeah their pictures are awesome but its not free and you can't grab the pictures in their largest resolutions without paying them.

You can give the Photopass Photographer YOUR camera to take pics with.

You can ask a photopass photographer to use your camera, it's never been an issue for me. You can also go to the parks very early before the crowds get there.

And they will do it free ??? Wow, so that means Disney has free photographers available in the parks ??? How could they afford that ???

Any other tips would be welcome, what about taking pictures of parades and crowded events, any tips.

And they will do it free ??? Wow, so that means Disney has free photographers available in the parks ??? How could they afford that ???

Any other tips would be welcome, what about taking pictures of parades and crowded events, any tips.

I've asked other CM's to take our picture before. So I guess technically you could say everyone working at Disney is a free photographer.

Yes, they will use your camera for free. However if there is a line of people waiting for pictures they may not have the time to use your camera and say no. Getting them or a stranger to use your camera is going to be the only way to get everyone in your party in the same photo (which is the point of paying for Photopass)

As far as parades, etc, get there early to get a good spot.

Yes, they will use your camera for free. However if there is a line of people waiting for pictures they may not have the time to use your camera and say no. Getting them or a stranger to use your camera is going to be the only way to get everyone in your party in the same photo (which is the point of paying for Photopass)

As far as parades, etc, get there early to get a good spot.

And what about the people that push around and will do anything they can to get in front of you or get your spot you kept for 1hr prior to the event, I really can't stand being packed in a crowd (claustrophobia) and I can become very angry when in this kind of situations because I'm Autistic (Asperger Syndrome) so I do my best to avoid them and usually leave when someone push me around too much, any tricks for this, I've read a topic on this board and frankly don't want to get this kind of response here its a nightmare totally.

And what about the people that push around and will do anything they can to get in front of you or get your spot you kept for 1hr prior to the event, I really can't stand being packed in a crowd (claustrophobia) and I can become very angry when in this kind of situations because I'm Autistic (Asperger Syndrome) so I do my best to avoid them and usually leave when someone push me around too much, any tricks for this, I've read a topic on this board and frankly don't want to get this kind of response here its a nightmare totally.

Well that is the response. Sorry. Some people are rude and will push and crowd in front of you. Your best bet may be to go in the slower times but even then parades, fireworks and shows are always busy. Get to the parks early and you can get pictures with hardly anyone in them. But unless you are the very first person in the morning before rope drop even you will not get an empty park to take photos of. Get breakfast ADRs before opening and show up as soon as they let people in the park.

When are you traveling? If you want to take unobstructed pictures, you need to go when crowds are lowest and get to the parks very early during a morning EMH.

As for parades, the only tip I can give is for the DHS afternoon parade... we sat on the rear patio for the Backlot Express across from the Jedi stage to take a break and to our surprise, they pulled up a rope and the parade started. We pulled our chairs up to the rope and had a front row seat for the whole thing. There is a tree there, so sit as far down from it as you can, but if you get there early enough you can sit in a comfy chair with no one crowding you to enjoy the parade. It was a fun one with lots of Pixar characters. Just across the way, a ton of people were sitting practically on top of each other in the beating hot sun so we felt pretty fortunate that we stopped to take a break there.

Good luck to you on your trip!

We have a lot of good pictures from WDW. We have a simple camera and just take loads to see what comes out well. We try to avoid getting in others way when we take picture and find most people offer us the same respect. We OFTEN ask a person if they would mind taking a picture of all of us and always are met with a sure. Now do not someone on the mad dash to TSM or something;), but most people are happy to help and I often ask if I can do a picture for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter