Tips for going to the parks in the rain?

allymouse

Mouseketeer
Extended weather forecast is calling for rain the first two days of our trip (next Wednesday and Thursday). I know this can change, but I'm just wondering if you all have tips for touring the parks in the rain. With Fastpass+ we can't really change our plans around much. I'll be bringing ponchos for sure!

Thanks!

Ally

We found Magic Kingdom to be great in the rain. We found that we could move through much of fantasyland and some of tomorrowland with limited rain exposure. This was important with a 4 yr old and 1 yr old.

One of our keys was knowing where we were going when we got off of a ride or attraction. We didn't waste time getting wet deciding where to go next.

I would say just be prepared and don't worry too much. It doesn't usually rain constantly.

Head for cover when you can. This can be a restaurant or an exhibit like Halls of President in MK or Innoventions in Epcot for example.

After coming back from a trip for 12 days that showed "unusually high amounts of rain" even for September - I have to say - just embrace it.

We had it down to a science by the end. Storms clouds came out - so did the flip flops and ponchos. Things that needed covered went into the backpack and the rain cover went on the stroller. Then let it come!

We did suffer some blisters and sore feet from wearing cheap flip flops, but it was MUCH better than walking around in soggy soaked shoes the entire trip!

One late morning /early afternoon was heavy rains and I had a great time walking around food and wine with NO line! I mean granted it was a Wednesday I think, and early in the day but it was still pretty crazy how few people were there. Most of them were huddled in the stores.

Still loved it!!

Remember those extended forecasts are seldom right:)

I like Epcot in bad weather- everything is indoors

Cover the stroller when you leave it- even if it isn't threatening rain at the moment. The one time we failed to do this was lunch at AK- Yup, it poured and everything got soaked. Raining with sunshine....who knew. Lesson learned.

echoing other posters, just be prepared for anything! bring a change of shoes and/or a poncho even if there's no rain in the forecast - we had days that were predicted to be sunny all day long and it STILL rained. weather apps are basically worthless - it can say it's sunny outside when it's literally downpouring. but don't let that ruin your trip! the storms usually pass fairly quickly, and when it rains at Disney, the weak will leave and the strong will be rewarded with short wait times ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter