Tips for getting the most out photo pass+

MickeyMinnieMelanie said:
What if you lose your red PP+ card:scared1:

They can easily replace it with just your ID. If you write down (or take a cell phone picture of) the ID number on your card, it will be slightly easier.

my tip:

ask them to turn the flash OFF for daytime photos.

Many of my pics have flash "blasts" in our glasses and sunglasses because they used flash.

elfling8 said:
Awesome! That will be a great time to get some shots :) My daughter is especially excited about the dessert buffet. Would love to get some pics of her in dessert heaven!

It is great. We got our pictures taken at the very beginning before the kids got messy from the desserts. There wasn't a big line so it was nice. We got shots of all four of us, some of just the kids, and some of just me and dh.

At Magic Kingdom..were do you pick up the card..the photo pass + card? I guess I should go get it first so we have as soon as we arrive at the MK?

At Magic Kingdom..were do you pick up the card..the photo pass + card? I guess I should go get it first so we have as soon as we arrive at the MK?

Exposition Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter.

Is there a list anywhere of the dining places that participate in Photo pass +? Trying to decide if I want to do it or not...:confused3 Thanks! :)

Is there a list anywhere of the dining places that participate in Photo pass +? Trying to decide if I want to do it or not...:confused3 Thanks! :)

I just got my voucher and the Photo Gallery CD and it lists dining locations as the following:

1900 Park Fare
'Ohana
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table (thought this was included with meal?)
Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

It also includes pictures on the following attractions:

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Pirates League

Thank you so much Ckania! That helps! Celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday in June so I think I will splurge this time!

Cinderella's Royal Table (thought this was included with meal?)
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

The pictures are included in the cost of the meal for both of these so you don't need to have PhotoPass + to get them added to your CD.

Thanks you:thumbsup2...I hope the line is not too long to pick it up....want to run to Fantasyland...LOL

Ditto! I wonder if it is open early? We have an early ADR at CP before the park opens. Would be great if we could pick it up before the masses enter :thumbsup2

I spent $115 to purchase Attractions+ ($45 at Disney) for nine rides and eight 4x6 downloads with a promo code online ($80). If you are going for several days, it is worth the full purchase of full price if you miss the threshold to order in advance. Definitely if you're purchasing in advance. I did take more than those eight pictures not on the rides, but I didn't like them all. If you have time to pick and choose from many days worth of pictures, it's definitely worth it!

Keep your eyes open and stop when you see a photopass photographer (until your DD starts whining- no more pictures!;) We always get to that point! ) Obviously, not at every photopass photographer by the castle, park icon, etc. or you would be there all day, but keep your eyes out for them in other no-icon places like throughout world showcase in Epcot. We have gotten some great pictures around WS in Epcot, especially in the evenings. If it is raining, you might even find them inside in WS like in the Mexico pavillion. On a rainy day, we got some great pictures inside Mexico, including some where the PP photographer had us all wearing sombreros. (Also if it is raining note that you can still find most of the WS characters and their photographers in interior places). Sometimes you will see PP photographers standing around at the deluxe resorts too. I missed out on that for a few trips not knowing that those were regular photopass people. Now we stop. We got some great pics from a set up in front of the GF Christmas tree this year.

My main tip is not to just take one set of photos at the castle or in front of the other park icons. The lighting, photographer, and angle can make a huge difference. You want to take at least a few sets of photos at different times of day and at different angles or closeness. We have come back and had pictures in front of the castle that I thought would be great, turn out terrible. Others, that I wasn't so sure about, have been great. The last thing you want is only to take one set of photos in front of the castle and wind up hating them. Also, if you feel like you are squinting when the photographer is taking the picture, you probably are.

Have fun!

What do you suggest for photo pass plus card pick up if you're first day is MK, there is nowhere to pick it up at your resort, you have young kids and a stroller and want to hit fantasyland as quickly as possible? Can you add ride photos remotely our do you have to go back to the rides themselves? I plan to do space mountain and Buzz Lighter the first day but don't want to have to do a ton of walking to pick up the red card and add ride pics. Wish they just mailed the red card. It would be so much easier.

Thanks you:thumbsup2...I hope the line is not too long to pick it up....want to run to Fantasyland...LOL

If you are arriving the day before you hit the parks, you could always run over to the Poly or GF and pick it up, so you don't have to worry about the line to get it at MK. I don't know what hours their booths are open, but maybe someone else can tell you.

What do you suggest for photo pass plus card pick up if you're first day is MK, there is nowhere to pick it up at your resort, you have young kids and a stroller and want to hit fantasyland as quickly as possible? Can you add ride photos remotely our do you have to go back to the rides themselves? I plan to do space mountain and Buzz Lighter the first day but don't want to have to do a ton of walking to pick up the red card and add ride pics. Wish they just mailed the red card. It would be so much easier.

I hate the having to pick it up part too. I would suggest just heading back to Fantasyland. You can add regular photopass cards to your account too, so if you visit Ariel or hit any of the photopass photographers back in new Fantasyland (FYI they do a magic shot with Sebastain with Eric's castle in the background sometimes), you can just pick up a regular card from the PP photographer there and add it to your account. ETWB has its own separate PP cards anyway that you have to add to your account (which is a pain because it has EVERYONE's pictures on it from that showing). Just be sure to get photos of the numbers on the back of any other photopass cards you accumulate, so if you lose the card, you still have the numbers. As far as the ride photos, you can not add them remotely. You can write your ride photo number down and then come back to the ride photo booth any time that day with your red card and give them the photo number and have them add the photos to the card. You are still going to have to go get the card and come back though, so you might as well just pick it up before you ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter