Tips for getting the most out photo pass+

Funny story, one night we were going to have our picture taken with castle in the background from the bridge coming from Tomorrowland. I just DID NOT want the castle to be orange in the background....I don't like orange...:rotfl2:

Well of course when it was my turn, the castle was ORANGE. Well, the photographer apparently heard me saying no orange, no orange and said "ahhhh! The castle is orange....hold on we will wait for a different color" he asked what my favorite color is and I answered purple....he smiled and snapped his fingers and the castle turned purple.:wizard::goodvibes. I know it was probably the next color up and that he had probably memorized the color sequence, but it was cool! And I love our picture with the purple castle in the background....the orange one is pretty cool too...:goodvibes

They will take the time to get it right though.

Love this! :thumbsup2

Be sure the photographer knows you have the red photopass+ card. As it is prepaid, they know for sure, you'll keep the pictures. It's different than regular photopass when most of the times, people will not pay for the pictures in the end. So I felt they take more time with us than with regular guests.

Magic shots are only available from photographers without a tripod. So if you want them, look for hand held cameras :)

I'm confused on the red pp+ card. I've always prepaid before I leave home and pick up a pp card from a photographer when I get to the first park. Should I be asking for a red card instead of just saying "give me a pp card"?

I'm confused on the red pp+ card. I've always prepaid before I leave home and pick up a pp card from a photographer when I get to the first park. Should I be asking for a red card instead of just saying "give me a pp card"?

PhotoPass + is different from the regular PhotoPass CD. When you pre-order the PhotoPass + CD they send you a voucher that you redeem in one of the parks for a PhotoPass + card which allows you to have your ride and dining photos added to your CD without having to purchase them separately. Pre-ordering the regular PhotoPass CD still works the same way.

PhotoPass + is different from the regular PhotoPass CD. When you pre-order the PhotoPass + CD they send you a voucher that you redeem in one of the parks for a PhotoPass + card which allows you to have your ride and dining photos added to your CD without having to purchase them separately. Pre-ordering the regular PhotoPass CD still works the same way.

that seems easy enough. Any discounts on the PP+ by chance?

Can this be done with multiple photopass cards. We bring about 25 kids for senior trip and always got the CD. I would give them cards that were already listed in my account. Then when we got home, I would order the CD with all of the kids pictures. I am a little confused.

I am afraid to try PP as the one time I looked into it you only have so much time before you can no longer get your photos. I am wrong with this info? I do not have much time once home from a vacation and it might be about two weeks before I get around to veiw any of the photos.

The last time I looked into PP was about 10 years ago. I might have missed on several improvements on it. Is this something I should think about looking into for our trip in August with the kids and grandparents. Would we still want to bring our cameras or will this give us the ability to leave them behind?

Thanx for any info.

Can this be done with multiple photopass cards. We bring about 25 kids for senior trip and always got the CD. I would give them cards that were already listed in my account. Then when we got home, I would order the CD with all of the kids pictures. I am a little confused.

If you get the PhotoPass + CD, you can still add as many regular PhotoPass cards to it as you want. The "catch" is that you will only get one PhotoPass + card, which is what allows you to add ride and dining photos to the CD without having to purchase them separately. What you can do though is have the kids write down the number for their ride photos (I'm assuming you're asking because you're planning on the group splitting up) and you can then go back to the ride within 48 hours to have the pictures added.

I am afraid to try PP as the one time I looked into it you only have so much time before you can no longer get your photos. I am wrong with this info? I do not have much time once home from a vacation and it might be about two weeks before I get around to veiw any of the photos.

The last time I looked into PP was about 10 years ago. I might have missed on several improvements on it. Is this something I should think about looking into for our trip in August with the kids and grandparents. Would we still want to bring our cameras or will this give us the ability to leave them behind?

Thanx for any info.

You have 30 days from when the pictures are taken to add them to your account on the PhotoPass website, and then 30 from that to order the CD or the individual pictures.

I would never go without a camera. With your own camera you'll be able to take pictures outside of the parks, as well as pictures in the parks where PhotoPass photographers aren't available. I would imagine that espcecially with kids on the trip that there would be plenty of opportunities for candid shots that you would miss if you didn't have your own camera.

Would this be a good option for us? Since our DD loves characters and will go back to see them multiple times during our trip. (On our camera only I had over 100 pictures of character meet n greets and I know the PP got way more than I did). We also have 5 character meals... I know all do not do the photos so we have Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Akerehus, Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine.

Thanks ! Some great tips.

Do the resorts have pp photographers ?

Yes. I had heard that they were only for paid sessions, but in 2010 a photog approached us at the BC and did a ten minute session of us on the beach. They turned out to be my favorite pics.

I don't think that they normally have photographers. But I've heard that there is one at the WL at the Christmas tree at Christmas time. I'm not sure if that's true, though.

Currently the resort photo sessions are being done by Disney Event Photography, and cost a few hundred dollars. (The same people that shoot weddings) So there are not currently PhotoPass photographers staffed to take pictures at the resorts. During the holiday season, several of the resorts with the large Christmas trees with have photographers setup to take pictures. Typically this is GF, AKL, and WL. Yacht/Beach club had it at times, and one year we were told that they were doing it at one of the values as well.

The "red card" is the PhotoPass+ card. If you had been prepaying in the past, you were just buying the Photo CD. The PhotoPass+ includes a Photo CD, but also a special card that entitles you to the ride photos, as well as the photos taken at some dining locations.

There are 3 things in play here. PhotoPass is the service that Disney offers to take pictures of guests in park. The Photo CD is the CD that includes a copy of every valid picture in your account. PhotoPass+ is a special PP card that entitles you to ride and dining photos. Buying the PP+ also includes a Photo CD voucher.

Since the Photo CD voucher includes all valid pictures in your account, you can add as many cards as you have. However, you are only given one PP+ per purchase. If you need a second, you would have to buy another PP+ package. So in your case, you would select one person to be the keeper of the PP+ card. Then if the other members of your party do rides in park that include photos, they would need to provide the photo number to the card keeper who can then go to the ride before they leave, and claim all the ride pictures they have numbers for.

Thanx for any info.

There are two time limits on the pictures. The first is how long you have to claim the pictures. Once the pictures are taken and added to a card, you have 30 days to add that card to your account. Then once you add the pictures to your account, you have 30 days to do the edits. The timer on the pictures applies to each individually. So a good rule of thumb is to claim the pictures within 30 days of the first day of your trip, and then to finish all the edits within 30 days of adding the first card to your account. The earlier you can claim them the better, as if pictures are missing, they can only search through the past 30 days. So in your case, 2 weeks after to view the pictures is no problem. (Unless your trip was longer than 2 weeks. 2 week trip plus 2 weeks to claim = 28 days, pretty close to the 30 days to claim)

RE leaving cameras behind, I wouldn't do that. While PP does a good job, at times they have camera problems, pictures get lost, etc. But at the same time, they are often ready to grab that picture of your child meeting the princess and getting a big hug, while you may be off the side, blocked by another member of your party, juggling coats and autograph books, etc. They also are properly equipped for night shots, which most guests are not unless you bring a tripod. Yes your camera may have a flash, but to get the best shots of the some of the environmental lighting you need a tripod.

Would this be a good option for us? Since our DD loves characters and will go back to see them multiple times during our trip. (On our camera only I had over 100 pictures of character meet n greets and I know the PP got way more than I did). We also have 5 character meals... I know all do not do the photos so we have Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Akerehus, Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine.

This is entirely up to you. The PP break even point is about 8 or so prints if you pre order. And making the jump from Photo CD to PP+ is about 1 1/2 dining/ride photos. If you do alot of characters, then it may definitely be a good idea. If you just do the Photo CD pre buy, you can get it refunded within a certain period (look at the current details when pre-buying) if you don't think you got your moneys worth. Just don't order the CD and tell them you didn't like the pictures. If you pre buy the PP+ you have no such option. Of your 5 dining choices listed, Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine don't have pictures I believe and Akershus is included in the meal price. So the PP+ would only be getting you the posed group shots before the meal as there are no photographers during the meal. But you would then also get to claim any ride photos that are applicable.

Thanks for the tips. I just purchased the photopass plus card for our upcoming may trip! Hoping to get a lot of awesome pics!

bbangel said:
Also don't be afraid to ask if you can take a shot in a different direction. Just because most people are taking pics of the castle doesn't mean the photographer won't turn around and take a pic of you with Main Street for example. There were tons of photographers in New Fantasyland when we were there and they were happy to actually move a bit with you and take multiple shots around some of the new "landscape". As long as there isn't a line and they aren't too busy, they are usually happy to accommodate!

Great suggestion! We had a photographer who was facing the castle turn around and we got great shots of us with Main Street decorated for Halloween in the background.

Sorry if this was already asked... Does anyone believe it is to our benefit for our two-day Disneymoon to get PP+?? I wish I had known in advance how much it would cost!!! I only have a week left :(

With the pricing the way it is, I look at it as needing at least 200 pictures to break even for $1 each. *sigh*

Sorry if this was already asked... Does anyone believe it is to our benefit for our two-day Disneymoon to get PP+?? I wish I had known in advance how much it would cost!!! I only have a week left :(

With the pricing the way it is, I look at it as needing at least 200 pictures to break even for $1 each. *sigh*

A 5x7 print (or a digital download) is 14.95. So the breakeven point is about 13 pictures for photopass plus at the full price, not 200.

You can still preorder regular photopass for $120, since the only restriction is you must purchase before the firt picture is taken. That way your breakeven point is just 8 photos. Of course ride and dining photos would be extra oop costs with regular photopass (except Akershus and CRT).

Since you can't do the pre-purchase any more (less than 14 days til your trip), I'd say most likely not.

I would suggest pre-purchasing the Photo CD. Especially if you plan on wearing bride/groom mouse ears, or getting the Happily Ever After pins. In either case the photographers will very likely take tons of pictures, so you could get tons of memories.

And with the Photo CD pre-purchase, if you don't think you got enough pictures taken, just ask for a refund and as long as you didn't use the pre-purchase credit to buy a CD they should have no issues giving it back to you.

Many of my recommendations have already been mentioned. Aside from stopping at as many PP Photographers as possible and telling them you have already purchased the CD, try and stop at photographers that don't seem that busy. We had one photographer at EPCOT be with us for 15 minutes when the front of the park was so quite and we have so many incredible photos in so many poses. He recommended to many great shots, it was like a mini photo shoot. We had a similar experience at HS as well. We ended up with 1500 photos during our last trip and that was without the edits/borders ect.

Get your photos taken on the bridge to tomorrowland in front of the castle during the show in front of the castle when they do the fireworks. Our PP photog timed our pics so we had the fireworks and the castle in our pics...some of my favorite pics!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter