Tips for getting a little extra magic?

Michiganfamily

Earning My Ears
Hi-

We have our 1st trip to Disney coming up. We are treating it as our 10 year anniversary celebration (with our girls!). Our anniversary was really this summer but the fall trip just worked best. I'm sure there will be plenty of Disney magic to go around, but it would be great to have a little extra like the little animal towels and so on (not sure what that would be). Is this luck of the draw or can you up your odds with any particular strategies?

Anyone want to share some of your really magical moments (aside from the best moments of watching your children and being with your family- and I know that really matters most!):)

I really think that the Magical Moments are basically the luck of the draw. We have been many, many times and we only received one towel animal after all of these years. That particular Mousekeeper that particular day made one. There is no way to up the chances.
If you go with an open attitude and take a moment to experience the atmosphere the Magic will be there for you.
What you read on a Message Board like this can be misleading. From reading the reports here it seems that everyone experiences something very special. In reality, these moments are the exception not the rule.
Enjoy your anniversary trip with your girls, and I hope it is Magical for you.

Towel animals are pretty much hit and miss, because it depends on whether the Mousekeeper you have knows how to make them and has the time to make them. It doesn't matter how much you tip if they just can't do it. I've had more towel animals at WL than anywhere else, and usually don't get them at all.

Magical moments are just that - magic. They happen when you least expect them, and there's no way to force them. Be kind to CM's, enthusiastic but polite. You never know when you might get a special treat!

Disney provides great resorts, parks, rides, etc, but the honest truth is that every individual is the creator and holder of the magic. The environment and atmosphere is all in place...thanks to Disney.

Too many people read postings on these boards and expect them to happen to them too. Also, some people worry, demand and expect too much...relax...its a vacation and you should have tons of magic.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

It is our 25th anniversary today and we are going next month for a belated celebration. I believe you can get anniversary badges from somewhere to wear, that will let everyone know, I mentioned it to our travel agent and they should be letting Disney know but we will wait and see. I may get some flowers ordered I haven't decided yet, I may even bring our cards to put up to extend our celebration.

We stayed at all star movies and received towel animals almost every day of our 7 day stay. Just luck I guess.:goodvibes

I agree that these boards can be misleading. Before our last trip I spent so much time reading posts that in some ways, I felt a little let down on our trip. Disney can be magical but it doesn't ooz magic; the magic comes from what you make of your trip. When I look back I realize the most magical moments my DD & I shared didn't come from a CM but came from the two of us sharing special moments together on the trip, and the FUN we had together.

Our next trip will be much different; our only hope is for a great time together, just the two of us. And I know we won't be disappointed.

Congrats on your anniversary...have a Magical time!

Stop off at any Guest Services location in any park, and ask for an ANNIVERSARY badge for both of you. Not only will cast members be wishing you "Happy Anniversaries", but other guests are likely to do the same (if they have that "Disney Spirit" :rotfl2: ).
At check-in, let the front desk know that this is a special trip; do the same at any TS restaurant.

Can't guarantee that you'll get one of the YOMD giveaways, but I'm fairly sure you WILL get some "extra magic"!:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time and congratulations on your anniversary! :flower3:

It really is up to each resort. I had mentioned my 25th on my ressie but did not expect anything. Upon our arrival we were upgraded to a suite and received gift certificates for a massage at the Swan.

Then my DH really surprised me and had planned ahead somehow for our dinner at CRT. When we were seated the table had confetti and ribbon all over the table! At the start of our meal we received complimentary champagne. At the end of our meal we were presented with 2 champagne glasses that were engraved with CRT and boxed for us. It was truly wonderful and I was just so shocked that neither my DH or my two DS spilled the beans. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter