Tips for Epcot

If you just wanted Hidden Mickeys in World Showcase, you can look for specific ones on their website: http://www.hiddenmickeyguy.com/catalog/epcot/world-showcase and you could put that in a scavenger hunt as well.

Sample...

Eat a dessert in Mexico
Find the cheapest piece of candy in Japan
Look for the Hidden Mickey in China that is located near...
Take a photo of yourself in a hat from Morrocco
Do Agent P in 2 countries
Meet a character in 1 country
Find out what language they speak in Norway and learn how to say "I have to go to the bathroom"
watch a live show in a country and then get one of the member's autograph
Sing the Star Spangled Banner outloud when you get to the American paviolion
You can probably find a few trivia questions they can answer in each country as well found on signs around the countries- I have seen these on the boards before but can't locate them currently

Don't forget the "street performers" Sergio the Mime in Italy and the French waiters in France are both worth watching. Sergio, in particular has been a favorite of my kids for years. We make sure to catch him EVERY TIME we go!!

The ride Maelstrom in Norway is pretty fun.

Karamelle Kuche' is a dentist's worst nightmare.

Get some personalized glass ware in Germany

Check in the guide book when you arrive to see what kind of street performers, jugglers, meet n' greets, etc... are scheduled.

Dessert around the World. This is what my friend did with her 6yr old. They went to each country and found a dessert that was sold or served at each. She didnt get one from each but she took pictures at teach and if she could she got a recipe for one so that when the got home she would make it to remind them of that park. It is now known as the "sweet" park.

There is a fountain/water feature in every country. Have them find it, take a photo, make a wish (bring pennies).

We will see you there!! Thursday is our EPCOT day!!! Our kids love getting something small from every country. Usually something with the flag on it. See you there!;)
Cool! We are doing 2 days there the 29th and the 1st. I like the flag idea!
I just wanted to reiterate what others are saying about Agent P adventure. MY nephew was 4 when we went and he said the AP adventure was his favorite part of the whole trip. Well maybe not more than the Jedi training academy, but he had a fantastic time.
We will for sure check out the Agent P adventure. My 6 year old got to do the Jedi training and this year they all want to do it.

The fish ponds in China also the fountains near the entrance to WS. Our 4yo grandson loves it there.
This sounds right up my boys alley! Thanks!
Make them a photo scavenger hunt through World Showcase. Use the boards to research things in each country that they have to take a photo of or collect. A little work before the trip might make your day go smoothly. Someone on the boards gave me the idea of having my kids try on a different hat in each country and take a pic- that sounds fun too.
If you just wanted Hidden Mickeys in World Showcase, you can look for specific ones on their website: http://www.hiddenmickeyguy.com/catalog/epcot/world-showcase and you could put that in a scavenger hunt as well.
Sample...
Eat a dessert in Mexico
Find the cheapest piece of candy in Japan
Look for the Hidden Mickey in China that is located near...
Take a photo of yourself in a hat from Morrocco
Do Agent P in 2 countries
Meet a character in 1 country
Find out what language they speak in Norway and learn how to say "I have to go to the bathroom"
watch a live show in a country and then get one of the member's autograph
Sing the Star Spangled Banner outloud when you get to the American paviolion
You can probably find a few trivia questions they can answer in each country as well found on signs around the countries- I have seen these on the boards before but can't locate them currently
I think I will get together a scavenger hunt. I think this will help pass the time and really give them something to do. My DH and I love Epcot so anything to help the little ones!

Don't forget the "street performers" Sergio the Mime in Italy and the French waiters in France are both worth watching. Sergio, in particular has been a favorite of my kids for years. We make sure to catch him EVERY TIME we go!!
This is something we have never done there. I think this year we will really try to take a few in. Our strategy this year is slow and easy. We always go till we drop. This year we are doing afternoon breaks so taking in a few performers will help us to slow down.
The ride Maelstrom in Norway is pretty fun.
Karamelle Kuche' is a dentist's worst nightmare.
Get some personalized glass ware in Germany
Check in the guide book when you arrive to see what kind of street performers, jugglers, meet n' greets, etc... are scheduled.

Oh man, we man check out Karamells Kuche’ and just share something. ;) I want a beer mug from Germany…I may let the kids get something too.
Dessert around the World. This is what my friend did with her 6yr old. They went to each country and found a dessert that was sold or served at each. She didnt get one from each but she took pictures at teach and if she could she got a recipe for one so that when the got home she would make it to remind them of that park. It is now known as the "sweet" park.
Yum…I’ll look into this too!
There is a fountain/water feature in every country. Have them find it, take a photo, make a wish (bring pennies).
This sounds fun. We are going to do some pressed pennies. Guess I better hit the bank for some change!

I don't know if they're in every single country, but I think most of them have pressed penny machines, too.

You've gotten some great ideas.

As far as street performers, I'd also highly recommend Miyuki in Japan, she is a candy artist who takes a blob of taffy-like candy and turns it into little painted animals by cutting and stretching it. If you catch the Fife and Drum Corps in America, I've seen them ask for kids to come up and help recite the pledge of allegiance.

Also, when I was there in July the Kidcot stations had Agent P, not just Duffy, to color.

Another vote for Sergio the Mime in Italy... I love the World Showcase Players (street performers in UK) but Sergio would be the best for kids.

Another fun thing to do is dress up in a Japanese kimono.

EPCOT is one of my favoriate parks in WDW.

you could try Agent P's world showcase adventure! ive heard good things, im planning to do this in october on our next trip.

of course you could always let them buy sweets from around the world. so each country your kids get to pick some sweets,
or if your kids are more adventureous try eating snacks around the world.

there are some shows in some of the countries to watch, especially the american adventure amazing show!
you have the rides maelstrom and the mexico riverboar ride with donald duck and the callebros.

in Japan they have a neat shop which stocks Pokemon merchandise not sure if there into that but i love getting my lil brother some pokemon merch,

watever you choose to do im sure you will have a magical day.

They used to have passports in Epcot you can buy and then they could get them stamped at each country.

Do they still have this? If they do it would be a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter