Tips for Doing Disney (Very) Pregnant

judeis

Mouseketeer
Hi there! I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant when we arrive for our trip in Nov at AKL. Beyond the "common sense" stuff (take breaks, eat/hydrate well, resort days) does anyone have any tips or recommendations? I want to enjoy myself, but want my family (DH, DD12, DD9) to also. Oh, and is there a link or info re: what I WILL be able to ride while I'm there? (Having mental pictures of just waving, watching, and waiting the whole trip) thanks everyone!

I went 5 months pregnant and it wasn't bad at all. My feet were swollen at the end of the day, but we made sure to take lots of breaks. We had an 18 month old, so we took lots of breaks anyways. We were only at MK for 1 day before we took our cruise, and I'm not sure I rode anything except the tea cups, and IASW. But I would think any slow moving ride would be fine.

Here's a link that gives the rides with explicit warnings NOT to ride while pregnant. You can use your own judgment on whether or not you want to ride any of the others.( like the teacups :crazy2:)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/pregnancy.htm

I agree that your feet will probably swell like crazy. Try to put your feet up whenever you can. And buy a big bottle of peppermint foot rub. Hand it to your DH as soon as you return to your resort room every day!

Last edited:
I went at 30 weeks pregnant. Honestly one of my best trips. I really enjoyed slowing down and taking it all in. I felt like I could still ride plenty of the "kiddie rides" and was happy to rest while everyone else went on the other rides. Mickey asked me a lot of questions about the new baby through the handler. He wanted to make sure I had another Disney fan in there :). We took pictures of him pointing at my huge belly. Enjoy your trip!

I live close by Disney and went often during both pregnancies. My Dr. said not to try to memorize a list of rides to do or not to do...just do not ride anything that you cannot take an infant on. That made it so much easier:) Have fun!

I'd do lots of lying by the pool drinking smoothies :). Maybe treat yourself to a pedicure or massage one day mid-trip while the kids sleep in? Definitely enjoy most any ride, all the movies, and maybe shop for some cute baby goodies :). Have fun and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Congratulations!

Just do what your "mommy" sense tells you!

When I was pregnant with my last (18 years ago, thank you!) I told the doctor, and I know we discussed things... and I know that I had to take my DS (he was in 4th grade or 5th grade back then!) on SPACE MT!! yes, I took my ds on space mountain and I was visibly pregnant ( probably 6 months along) - all went well, times change, warnings change, when you know better - you do better - I would NOT do that today! Truly, its amazing, I can't believe I did that, but I did, and its a great memory for my ds and for me!!

eta - we're taking dd to WDS in a few weeks - she absolutely will NOT go on Space MT!! Big thunder ok, Everest, probably - space mt - NO WAY!! roflol

I'm not sure I rode anything except the tea cups, and IASW.
5ce12.jpg

I think everyone else has given you sound advice so there's not much for me to add. However, if you are feeling extremely exhausted/sore at the end of the day, you may want to consider seeing if you can get a wheelchair/scooter or something to ride along in just for your own benefit. My wife always does well when she's pregnant, but I've known many who can't be on their feet very long once they enter their 3rd trimester.

We last went to Disney on our babymoon and I was 3 months pergnant. It was fun but had to skip a lot of rides I had never done. We decided to do out gender neutral nursery in Bambi theme. So, we had fun finding things for that we could not find elsewhere. Just relax, hydrate, and put your feet up. I know you will have a blast, it was just a matter of being able to do Disney differently that was kinda fun ;)

the one thing you do not want to think about is having a problem with you pregnancy that is unexpected but I would check with insurance as to which hospitals are covered. hope you do not need to know but would rather know and not need than to need and not know.

the one thing you do not want to think about is having a problem with you pregnancy that is unexpected but I would check with insurance as to which hospitals are covered. hope you do not need to know but would rather know and not need than to need and not know.

Great and important piece of advice. Thank you.

I think everyone else has given you sound advice so there's not much for me to add. However, if you are feeling extremely exhausted/sore at the end of the day, you may want to consider seeing if you can get a wheelchair/scooter or something to ride along in just for your own benefit. My wife always does well when she's pregnant, but I've known many who can't be on their feet very long once they enter their 3rd trimester.
Thanks for that tip. That actually sounds like a very good idea! I was worrying about ruining other peoples time as I'm an older mom who might get tired more easily. But the idea of the wheelchair will make it so much simpler in that I will be able to relax if I need to and my husband won't be as worried about me! Thanks again!

I would look into a scooter over a wheelchair in that you will be in control of it instead of having to someone push you. example if you need to get out of weather while waiting for rest of group to finish a ride you will be able to move instead of trying to roll chair by self or needing to use restroom. just another thing to consider esp if going during hot season

I have gone a couple times pregnant. The last time in November of 2013 I was 31 1/2 weeks along. I also had a DD 4 and DS 11. We did end up renting me a scooter because I had gestational diabetes and I could not keep my sugars level. I was trying to eat like I did at home and all the walking was causing my sugars to go too low really quick. We rented an electric scooter I just used it to get from one location to another then would park it like at MK I would go to Fantasy Land and park it till we moved on to Adventrure Land. This made it a lot easier to control my levels and I didn't get exhausted. You will have a great time. I don't ride roller coasters anyway the only other thing I avoided was the speedway cars and tea cups

^ good advice. I delivered by emergency c-section at 31 weeks and 3 days. My 31 week appt was 3 days earlier and everything was absolutely fine. You really just never know.

Ask your Dr if they know of any OBs in the Orlando area that they would recommend. When we took a 4 hr drive when I was about 20 weeks (to see DH's family), my OB gave me the contact info to an OB in the area that he trusted - They had gone to medical school together. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Dh's uncle, whose house we were staying at, was an ER Doc.

I found out I was pregnant on my last trip. Since it was early on and I didn't want to jinx anything (it took a long time for me to get pregnant), we decided to take it easier than normal. One of the best trips I've ever had! It was great seeing all the detail and nuances you don't take time for on a normal trip. Just watch those swollen feet! :)

I went at 7 months with my oldest daughter. It was fine, but I was tired afterwards. Like, substantially.

I rode everything but the thrill rides (so, no coasters)

I also went to Disney at 7.5 and 8 months pregnant with several of my children. The one tip which will be invaluable is to memorize the locations of the restrooms! I believe I walked from one to the next and stopped at each one... Lol! It has the added benefit of knowing where all the baby changing stations are when you bring your baby next time...:p

Also, if you don't have one... purchase a maternity support belt. That takes a lot of the pressure of the baby off your back and distributes the weight to make it so much more comfortable to walk. Enjoy your trip! The PP's have all given you wonderful suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter