Tips for DL in the rain...

brookies_mommy

<font color=deeppink>I'm good on the basics<br><fo
So I have been reading on here about all the advantages to DL in the rain... I sure hope you all are right because it's looks like rain is in the forecast.

So what are some tips you experienced rain goers could share?

I will be bringing myself and DD a poncho or rain jacket.

Should I bring an umbrella? At least one for DD? Rain boots? Crocs?

TIA!

Don't plan on wearing Crocs if it's raining...they'll be too slippery to walk safely in! (I know this from experience...the experience of falling on my butt a couple of times before I veeeeeeeeeeeery caaaaaaaaaaarefully made my way back to the hotel to put on some real shoes :rotfl:).

So I have been reading on here about all the advantages to DL in the rain... I sure hope you all are right because it's looks like rain is in the forecast.

So what are some tips you experienced rain goers could share?

I will be bringing myself and DD a poncho or rain jacket.

Should I bring an umbrella? At least one for DD? Rain boots? Crocs?

TIA!

I know you follow my TR so the next day I am posting is my rainy one so you can see how we dealt with it. We had an absolute blast!

Ponchos worked great for us and I do wish we had brought rain boots for Colton as little ones don't tend to skirt puddles like adults do.

Brant wore his hiking boots & I wore my crocs and threw socks in our backpack in case my feet got cold and I did use them once the rain stopped and the temp dropped in the evening. I also carried dry socks for Colton, I knew he would end up splashing in puddles.

An umbrella would be a pain to deal with in my personal opinion since once the rain stops (and ca has that stop & go rain) you still have to lug them around or get a large locker to fit them in, although I did see people with them and one really grand huge one that a family of 6 was all underneath.

The crowds bailed they were just gone! This was probably one of our best days during our trip. I will always hope for at least one rainy day on every trip I take from now on.

I remember going once and it raining. Wear comfy shoes and ones that you know have good traction. Also bring extra socks incase yours get soaked. We wore a poncho the whole time.

I would recommend ponchos during the afternoon, mornings are generally cool this time of year so probably a rain jacket and evenings when the temp drops a rain jacket too.

These are the rides I've read that close due to the rain, so if you were planning for any of them try to hit them if there is a long enough break in the rain for them to dry off some.

Tom Sawyer's Island
Tarzan's Treehouse
Mad Tea Party
Alice in Wonderland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Gadget's Go-Coaster
Matterhorn
California Screamin'

Also F! does get cancelled in the rain.

Bring ponchos(if needed) , extra sweatshirt with a hood, extra socks for the kiddos incase they step in a puddle,umbrella(if u like to carry it around).other then that you should be fine, maybe gloves for the kiddos if there hands get cold, but just have fun too!

Also in January Disney closed the parks two hours early due to the rain, not sure if it'll happen again but it said because of heavy rain fall they do close early.

Also in January Disney closed the parks two hours early due to the rain, not sure if it'll happen again but it said because of heavy rain fall they do close early.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]..ok they did that, BUT that was like freakishly heavy rain that we had.. [/FONT]

I would recommend ponchos during the afternoon, mornings are generally cool this time of year so probably a rain jacket and evenings when the temp drops a rain jacket too.

These are the rides I've read that close due to the rain, so if you were planning for any of them try to hit them if there is a long enough break in the rain for them to dry off some.

Tom Sawyer's Island
Tarzan's Treehouse
Mad Tea Party
Alice in Wonderland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Gadget's Go-Coaster
Matterhorn
California Screamin'

Also F! does get cancelled in the rain.

The only two that I have heard of getting closed at Teacups and Alice. Neither would really make either of us sad that we missed.

F! only get cancelled if its BAD BAD BAD rain.. most likely wont happen.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]..ok they did that, BUT that was like freakishly heavy rain that we had.. [/FONT]

Yea, I doupt it will happen!

I know you follow my TR so the next day I am posting is my rainy one so you can see how we dealt with it. We had an absolute blast!

Ponchos worked great for us and I do wish we had brought rain boots for Colton as little ones don't tend to skirt puddles like adults do.

Brant wore his hiking boots & I wore my crocs and threw socks in our backpack in case my feet got cold and I did use them once the rain stopped and the temp dropped in the evening. I also carried dry socks for Colton, I knew he would end up splashing in puddles.

An umbrella would be a pain to deal with in my personal opinion since once the rain stops (and ca has that stop & go rain) you still have to lug them around or get a large locker to fit them in, although I did see people with them and one really grand huge one that a family of 6 was all underneath.

The crowds bailed they were just gone! This was probably one of our best days during our trip. I will always hope for at least one rainy day on every trip I take from now on.

I can't wait to read it!! Thanks for your help!

Don't plan on wearing Crocs if it's raining...they'll be too slippery to walk safely in! (I know this from experience...the experience of falling on my butt a couple of times before I veeeeeeeeeeeery caaaaaaaaaaarefully made my way back to the hotel to put on some real shoes :rotfl:).

Good to know! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter