Tips for cruising with a baby!

Thanks for posting these tips! I'm trying to convince my DH to take our youngest with us on our cruise next fall. DS2 will be 18 mos at the time. My older two can use the kid's clubs, they will be 4 and 6 years old by then, and much easier to manage than our walking toddler. We have a good babysitter in Grandma, and DH feels our youngest would enjoy more the time at her house than being on the boat with us. It's hard to leave them at home though! Anyway, thanks for posting these tips!

Great tips! We are cruising with our 8 month old in a couple of months. We're going on RCCL, but I'm writing down a lot of the tips from this post.

Those tips will be very helpful when we cruise with our 2 year old! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if Flounders is free, or do we have to pay for it?

Those tips will be very helpful when we cruise with our 2 year old! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if Flounders is free, or do we have to pay for it?

Flounders is $6 per hour for the first child (I think you get a discount for a sibling).

Whole milk (vitamin D as it is called in Florida) is available at the buffet and at the 24 hour drink machine near the Mickey Pool.

Dumb question...does the milk come from a dispenser, or are there bottles/mini cartons available at the drink machine?

I have no idea but you may want to look into a handicapped room as I hear they offer more floor space and may make the trip more comfortable.

Maybe some nursing moms can answer this question: Just wondering what Disney's policy is on nursing infants publicly (i.e., in the dining room, beside the pool, etc.). I know in Canada it's illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in public, but not sure what the policy will be onboard. Obviously, I would be discreet and cover up for the most part. But I wondered if anyone had any information on this

I have no idea but you may want to look into a handicapped room as I hear they offer more floor space and may make the trip more comfortable.

Please don't book a HC stateroom unless you need it for accessibility reasons. They are already few and far between.

Maybe some nursing moms can answer this question: Just wondering what Disney's policy is on nursing infants publicly (i.e., in the dining room, beside the pool, etc.). I know in Canada it's illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in public, but not sure what the policy will be onboard. Obviously, I would be discreet and cover up for the most part. But I wondered if anyone had any information on this

I'm not sure..but I can let you know after next week! We sail on the 29th. BUT, I have to say that I'm not concerned at all. (actually...I never thought to be concerned). I know at WDW I never had any trouble.

Dumb question...does the milk come from a dispenser, or are there bottles/mini cartons available at the drink machine?

We've always been able to get little cartons on milk at the buffet. Also, if the buffet was closed when we needed milk, we simply ask for it where they have the fruit/salads. They were always nice about going and getting us a couple cartons (twins).

Jess

California and Florida both allow public breastfeeding, I would think that the cruise ship would be under one of their jurisdictions. Mexico also doesn't seem to have a problem with breastfeeding (I had the same question when traveling to Mexico last year.)

Just nurse your baby when you need to and don't give anyone else a second glance! Chances are there will be more revealing bathing suits!!

I have NEVER had a problem nursing at Dland. I have used their nursing rooms (quiet and cool) but I usually sit on a bench. I have even tandem nursed my twins while leaning on a low wall. Did anyone notice? I have no idea! But no one said anything to me.

Please don't book a HC stateroom unless you need it for accessibility reasons. They are already few and far between.

Room is already booked, but I wouldn't book a HC room anyway.

Thanks for all the tips. I have a question... We have a toddler girl (our 1st child) who will be 19 months old when we cruise...and I know a lot can change over the next 5 months, but if we were to cruise right now, she wouldn't make it through dinner. She only sits in her high chair so long b4 she gets frustrated. So, do parent have to leave dinner early? Or should we put her in the nursery every night for dinner?

We were really hoping to put her in the nursery at times when we could enjoy the adult only areas, etc....

Can anybody tell me their experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter