Tips for carry on only?

We haven't checked a bag since they started charging for checked bags. Never have a problem with it. Depending on how long you are staying, and how far out your trip is, I would recommend sending yourself a package with your sunscreen etc in it. Shipping can be inexpensive, and it could save you some time and effort at your destination. Also, if it is a brand that you are used to using, if you plan ahead, you can send a half used bottle, or whatever you think you would be likely to use on your trip, instead of a whole bottle. If you got a flat rate box, you could fill in the blanks with whatever else struck your fancy...

I just checked the TSA website and be sure to only have liquids marked 3 oz or less. In regards to sunblock we just buy it on site I think this is still cheaper than having to pay for a checked bag.

We stayed 5 nights in august at the WL and did not check luggage. All our luggage was carry on. It was me, DH and twin DD's. Each girl had her own carry on, I had my carry on and a purse and a camera bag, and DH had his carry on. All liquids I put in the small container and put those in the small ziploc bag. Had no problems going through airport security. I used gardengrocer.com which delivered water, sunblock, the girls nutrional drink and some groceries to our room at the WL. It was really really convenient. The prices are about the same as I see here in New York. It was a $12 delivery fee. Then I had to tip the hotel clerk who brought it up to our room. I hate to check luggage not only to avoid the fee but also having to wait for the lugguage at claim. I miss the days of checking bags for free. It was a littel difficult finding room for all our stuff on the plane. That was a little stressful.

We're doing just carry-on this year. The advantage we have is that our sons are driving and we're going to load up their car with our bulky items. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter