• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for booking Dream trip at Monorail resorts (renting points)

mickey85

Earning My Ears
If we want 2 studios or 1 2-BR villa at one of the Monorail resorts for a slow time of year (March/April 2017- after Spring Breaks and before Easter).

Do we need to reserve 11 months in advance?

Thanks.

Been to Disney 10+ times in last 10 years but we have never rented DVC points before. But with my in-laws joining our family of 4 (5 y/0 and 2 y/o), we need more space.

Thanks for your help.

You can start trying 11 months in advance, there is never a guarantee you are going to find a villa for rent. It just depends if there is an owner out there who wants to rent. You might also look into going through Disney as a regular resort rental, sometimes those are actually less than renting. Keep in mind, most of the time when you rent you have to pay up front and you can't cancel so make sure you plans are firm.

If we want 2 studios or 1 2-BR villa at one of the Monorail resorts for a slow time of year (March/April 2017- after Spring Breaks and before Easter).

Do we need to reserve 11 months in advance?

Thanks.

Been to Disney 10+ times in last 10 years but we have never rented DVC points before. But with my in-laws joining our family of 4 (5 y/0 and 2 y/o), we need more space.

Thanks for your help.
It depends on what you want. Standard view studios at VGF and BLT will disappear very fast. If you know what you want that far in advance, look to line it up at the 11-month mark. But do realize that renting is much less flexible in terms of changing dates or size of unit, so don't try to do it before you are ready to commit.

Good luck!

For March and April, including the Easter weeks, the following DVC rooms at the monorail resorts are likely to be open at 7 months out when any DVC members from another resort can reserve them: BLT lake view studios, 1BRs and 2BRs, Poly studios and the 2BR bungalows, VGF 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs (meaning rooms that can be only 2BRs). You will also have a good chance for BLT theme park view although less likely for the two Easter weeks or the Star Wars race weekend in mid-April (which, by the way, is a higher DVC demand time than the Easter weeks). You will not likey get BLT standard view or VGF studios at 7 months out, although there is a some chance for the latter during first two weeks of March and last week of April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter