• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips and Tricks for inside stateroom

ajstaud

Mouseketeer
It’s been forever since I cruised and it will be my DH and step DS first cruise. We will be in an inside stateroom and I want to maximize/organize our stuff to be as comfortable as possible. DH is 6,4 and DS is not far behind him. So what things do you bring from home to help make your cruising better. I read to bring a larger cup, and a message board, what else????

I'm a fan of bringing as little as possible. Half the clothes you think you will need, sneakers, one nice pair shoes, flip-flops. No jewelry, minimal make-up/hair products, styling tools. No jewelry. Stow everything as soon as you arrive, hang as much as you can, and put bags under the bed.

Bring a pop-up laundry hamper to put in the closet to collect dirty clothes so they won't accumulate around the stateroom.

If you use the gym or the Rainforest Room, you can shower in the spa changing area, which can free up your stateroom bathroom a little.

The bathrooms have clotheslines built into the tub/shower area that you can pull out to extend over the tub/shower to hang dry bathing suits.

Utilize the space they give you. There is space under the bed for suitcases, space in the closets for clothes, shoes, laundry hampers, and additional bags. There are empty drawers and shelves: use them. There is a safe: keep your wallets and jewelry in there. The bathroom is bigger than for most cruise lines & has shelving. Keep the products you need to bring with you in there (DCL already provides shampoo, conditioner, body wash & body lotion).

The biggest piece of advice I have is to not try to live out of your suitcase, even if it's a short cruise. You don't have room for that and it ruins the feel of the stateroom, anyway. Take an hour or two the first day to fully unpack (turn on a Disney on Demand movie for the kids if you need that to help you accomplish this) and put everything you brought with you into an organized location in a drawer, shelf, closet, etc. Then put your empty suitcases under the bed and leave them there until the end of the cruise.

Even a small stateroom can be pleasant if it's well-kept and organized. You provide the organization, and your stateroom host will clean it and make the bed twice a day. It will be nice.

Last edited:
If you have a suitcase the folds out (like a hard shell type), you can put it under the bed "open" and it will serve kind of like extra drawers. We use laundry bags and put those under the bed for laundry as well.

Don’t worry it’s an inside stateroom. Some people will tell you the better stateroom you have the more time you will spend in your stateroom. Maybe that’s true but I’m not going on a cruise to spend extra time in my stateroom.

Last edited:
The key is to stay organized- pop up hamper, unpack and store suitcases. Utilize the spa for the showers/locker rooms. I bring some small metal hooks and use on the magnetic walls, to hang lanyards, a sweater. The neater the cabin, the more roomier it feels- to me anyway.

The key is to stay organized- pop up hamper, unpack and store suitcases. Utilize the spa for the showers/locker rooms. I bring some small metal hooks and use on the magnetic walls, to hang lanyards, a sweater. The neater the cabin, the more roomier it feels- to me anyway.

Not sure which ship you'll be on, but note that the Magic does not have metal walls inside the staterooms. The ceilings and doors are metallic, but not the walls. The staterooms on the other ships have metallic walls, with the exception of concierge rooms on the Dream & Fantasy.

The staterooms on the other ships have metallic walls, with the exception of concierge rooms on the Dream & Fantasy.
I thought it was just the stateroom doors in concierge on the Dream and Fantasy that weren't metallic (or rather, had the wood veneer, making them much less 'magnetable.' I thought the stateroom walls themselves were still magnetic?

Yes the small magnetic metal hooks were a god sent. I did not know how useful they were until I was in my room. The hamper (as mentioned above) is also wonderful for keeping your clothes separated and helps when taking them to the laundry. Also I found a night light was very beneficial as the room is pitch dark with the only option for light leaving the bathroom ajar and that put's way to much light in the room.

Yes the small magnetic metal hooks were a god sent. I did not know how useful they were until I was in my room. The hamper (as mentioned above) is also wonderful for keeping your clothes separated and helps when taking them to the laundry. Also I found a night light was very beneficial as the room is pitch dark with the only option for light leaving the bathroom ajar and that put's way to much light in the room.
I forgot about the nightlight! We have two USB powered/rechargable ones that someone recommended on these boards. They have two light level settings. I place on the small shelf by the door and the other in the bathroom. They work perfectly and can be fond on Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter