• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

studog100

Mouseketeer
When on the DDP and concerning tipping, how do you compute what you give? A set percent? Does it matter if its a buffet? Its tough for me to tip $20-30 on a buffet dinner such as Chef Mickeys.

Can i get some thoughts from others please?

ken

The receipts at each restaurant actually show both 18% and 20% tipping amounts for the total on your check, so you do not actually have to do any math if you don't want to. And as for your other question....well, Sorry, no...you will not/can not get some "thoughts from others" on what to tip at the buffet. Tipping discussions & debates are frowned upon on the Disney Dining threads. Look for the sticky at the top of restaurant page for all tipping issues.

here's the link to the Tipping sticky, read the first post for the moderators guidelines on tipping issues : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

This thread will get locked with a refer-to-the-tipping-thread.

There's already been a link posted to the tipping thread. Please note as written in the first post of the tipping thread that personal tipping habits or preferences are no longer open for discussion on the Restaurant boards. Unless you are in a category that is assessed an automatic gratuity (Tables in Wonderland member, or a party of six or more) what you choose to tip is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter