Tipping

utkscvol1

DIS Veteran
How much would you tip for a cm to take your bags from you car to your room @ Pop. Last year took our own bags, but this year dh says no he'll pay someone.

I always tip $1 per bag + a dollar. So 4 bags would be a $5.00 tip.

I tip $2 a bag or more if it's BIG and heavy or they do something special.

I tipped the guy who got my bag off the airport shuttle $2 today and he went a LOT shorter distance that Disney bell staff LOL! So if it's a long way I probably would "bump up" (I tipped a guy in Europe about $20 for hauling suitcases up the side of a mountain LOL!)

I tip $2 a bag or more if it's BIG and heavy or they do something special.

I tipped the guy who got my bag off the airport shuttle $2 today and he went a LOT shorter distance that Disney bell staff LOL! So if it's a long way I probably would "bump up" (I tipped a guy in Europe about $20 for hauling suitcases up the side of a mountain LOL!)

agree

Just so you know, this is a two-step process. Someone from Luggage Assistance will/can take your luggage from the car if you ask, but they bring it to the storage area, not to the room. They bring multiple Guests' luggage to the respective rooms on about an hourly basis.

Thanks for the info. All is appreciated. We actually have never had anyone take our bags regardless of where we stayed but dh said not this year. It was worth it to him to tip someone to do it. I just wanted to make sure I have the appropriate cash ready for tip. I don't want to be the smuck they said tips crappy. Thanks guys!

$1.50 to $2.00 a bag. I agree about the earlier post, this is a two step process. There is someone who will take your bags out of your car to the luggage storage. You tip this person. Then when your room is ready you call baggage claim to have your luggage delievered and you again tip this different person too. There are many tipping website to help you gauge. We always tip $2.00 a bag which also includes the BAGs folks when we use RAC. The one "tip" tip I always remember is to never tip $4.00 (according to a tipping website) this is considered tacky -- if your tip amounts to $4.00, you should give the person a $5. We sometimes take our own bags but it depends on the resort. When we stay at the BWV, we always drop off our luggage and it's well worth the tip(s) since the parking lots is very far from the rooms.

I usually calcuate the tips and add a little more for circumstances I can't predict and put small bills in separate evelopes for everyone. Then I feel like I am ready to let everyone know I appreciate them.
donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter