tipping

disneynewbeemom

DIS Veteran
How much do you tip mousekeeping each day? Is it possible to request an early appt for mousekeeping? We plan on going to the parks early and returning by 1:00 each day to nap.

Magical Express -- who do we tip and how much?

usually tip between $1 and $2 pp per day. Just leave the make up room thing in your door when you leave. Normally they would be out of there by 1.

We tipped Mousekeeping $5 per day for the 4 of us. I just left it on the bathroom counter every morning before we left. As far as ME, we tipped the driver $5 each way. My husband noticed that on our trip from hotel to MCO (on a very packed bus) only 1 or 2 other people tipped the driver. Our feeling was that we did not have to rent a car or pay toles or drive at all so tipping the driver was only natural.:flower3:

There are 3 of us and we leave $5 per day. I have requested early mosuekeeping for the same naptime reason years ago. I just called mousekeeping when we got to our room and asked for early service, no problem...:)

We did $5/day for morning service and $3/day for turndown service. There are 4 of us. I requested early service and got it each day. One day I was back at the room at 11:15 and the room was already done!

We tipped $4.00 per day for the 3 of us. We didn't ask for any extras like early clean up but I'm sure she appreciated any thing. They really work hard. We had a towel bunny and small towel birdie in our bathroom after the first day... cute:cutie:

we always leave early and put the make up room sign on door as soon as we leave the room. the room is always done by the time we get back and often that is before noon.

We tipped $5/day for 4 of us. One day, we came back to Pop in the early afternoon, and the mousekeeper was working in our room! Otherwise, the room was always done pretty early.

3 people, 1 room = $5 a day...we tip daily.

I only tip the ME drivers who actually handle my bags on the day we go home. I give him $1 per bag. I do not tip them for driving me to my resort.

We tip $5 a day for the 3 of us. We didn't tip ME because they didn't handle any luggage for us. Maybe we should reconsider on next trip?

I always make my envelopes up at home, I have a picture I made that says "thank you mousekeeping" so I print them here, add $5.00 and mini Hersey candies and seal them. This way they are ready when I get there. I keep them in the safe. We are a party of 2. I tip every day.

We tipped $4-5 per day depending on level of maid service received. (One day bag of trash was not taken out, but left on floor) I usually make envelopes with Mousekeeping written on them. I have Disney stamps bought in the parks from one of our trips. My DS's and I make it a fun night before we leave to make the envelopes for our entire trip.

We have only used ME 2 times (we tend to drive) and I think I tipped $1 dollar for small bags and $2 for larger one's. For the 3 of us it was about $5 each way.

I tip $5 for 3 of us daily. I make Mousekeeping envelopes and save up the tip money over time. I am ready for our October trip. It is painless this way.
We tip the ME driver $1 per bag handled.
I also tip the Resort Checkin desk staff $1 per bag handled when I check my bags and get my boarding pass at the resort.
If Bell Services handles any of our bags (stored Carryons delivered to the room, for example) , we also tip them $1 per bag handled.
Have a Great Trip.

We tip between 2-5 dollars a day for mousekeeping. For Magical Express I usually give the driver $5.00.

I've gotta say I'm feeling like a real cheapskate right now. I wouldn't have even thought of tipping for cleaning the room. Don't they get paid to do it as it is their job?
Katie

I've gotta say I'm feeling like a real cheapskate right now. I wouldn't have even thought of tipping for cleaning the room. Don't they get paid to do it as it is their job?
Katie

you and I are in the same boat..I am on the IA border, maybe us midwest folks simply expect folks to do what they are paid to do? :confused3

I tip when folks go above and beyond the call of duty.
last trip I tipped the ME driver who took us back to the airport. He was so funny giving his speeches, he deserved a tip

Katie

This is one of those "hot topics" on the DIS.

You will have a lot of people who like to tip housekeeping and say that it is a "tipped position" (like a waiter or bell services). Then you will have people who say that WDW provides guests with a list of "tipped positions" and that housekeeping isn't listed. Others still will say that they should be tipped because of what they do (cleaning toilets is the most common reason cited).

Unlike most traditional tipped positions the WDW housekeepers are paid above minimum wage. If it was expected that housekeepers would be tipped they would likely be paid less than minimum wage like waiters.

I kind of feel like you do - even if it's not a lot of money, they are paid the market rate for their job.

If you feel like tipping your housekeepers you should do so. I'm sure they will appreciate it. I certainly would tip for any special requests - extra towels, pillows, etc. But just realize that if you choose not to it does not necessarily mean you are "cheap" or a bad person, in spite of what some people on the DIS may say.

I agree you are not cheap if you don't tip. :) It's definately not required.

I generally tip for over an above service and get it when I do. I.E. towel animals from housekeeping etc. I only tip M.E. for helping me with my bags, if they don't, I wouldn't. I'm a single mom and travel alone with my two boys. Luckly they are getting bigger and won't need help now, but when I did it was much appreciated!

I agree with Stinky_Pete. You should do what you feel is best. You are not cheap or bad for not tipping.

The housekeeping supervisor is responsible to ensure all rooms are cleaned to the resort standard, so tipping a housekeeper is not an oligation but a nice gesture. You do not need to tip or feel the need to tip to get a clean room. Especially, if housekeepers are paid above minium wage.

Typical guidelines are:
$3.00/night Upscale resort/hotel
$1.00/night at other hotels

If you stay for a week individuals might consider $5-7/night.

At your discretion, reward extra service, such as bringing more soap or towels, with an appropriate tip. Key here is extra and promptness.

Tipping overall is used to ensure promptness and if you are not satisfied with housekeepings work...don't tip or tip less, besides reporting the issue(s) to management.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter