Tipping Questions

Originally posted by DznyDreams

Also, for those of you who are frequent valet parkers, can you call valet before leaving your room so that your car is waiting when you come down, or is it required that you present yourself at the valet desk in order to request your car?...

Yes, we always call from the room. Usually, the car is waiting for us or just pulling up by the time we walk from our room to the entrance, depending on how long a walk we have.

Ralph

Originally posted by karemore
Snoopymom,

We just stayed at the GF and self parked.

Dh is a do it himself kind of guy.

I had to be very firm about the luggage or he would have carried that to the room himself.......lol

Karen

For those of us with self-help guys ..... would it be inappropriate to handle your own luggage at POR? I mean, I know we'll be found out to be the hicks we really are but how much will we stand out in the crowd. I'm wondering whether to be firm like Karen or save it for another issue - you know, pick your battles.

:smooth:

Originally posted by 2plus2more
For those of us with self-help guys ..... would it be inappropriate to handle your own luggage at POR? I mean, I know we'll be found out to be the hicks we really are but how much will we stand out in the crowd. I'm wondering whether to be firm like Karen or save it for another issue - you know, pick your battles.

You are always more than welcome to do it yourself at ANY Disney resort. I know Value resorts even have hand carts that you can borrow... Don't think the Mods or Deluxes have them, though.

Originally posted by DznyDreams
But what do we tip the person who unloads our luggage from the car upon arrival, or the one who loads our luggage upon leaving the resort?

We will arrive via our own vehicle, valet park, have Bell Services remove our luggage from our van, and take our luggage to our room. So, given this scenario, who and how much is customary to tip? (I already know about mousekeeping tips during our stay and do plan to tip $5/day for the 3 of us.)

Also, for those of you who are frequent valet parkers, can you call valet before leaving your room so that your car is waiting when you come down, or is it required that you present yourself at the valet desk in order to request your car?

{As of now we're staying at POFQ (no valet), but I am hoping to switch to WL if rate codes come out.}

We would tip the valet $2 and then if the bell services person stays with us up to our room and does a good job of welcoming us and making sure we are all set I will tip as much as $10 but that is when we stay concierge at the AKL. When we are not staying Concierge we usually handle our own bags so I cannot comment.

We do use valet when we stay deluxe but we do not call down and we have never had to wait long from them to bring our car around.

I have the same question about tipping too at AKL because the person who unloads your bags might not be the one that takes them to the room.

Suggestions?

Originally posted by EEyorelover22
I have the same question about tipping too at AKL because the person who unloads your bags might not be the one that takes them to the room.

Suggestions?

It is customary to tip on both ends.

Tiffany - yes, I do get them from my bank (actually I work there so I usually email one of the tellers so they have what I need).

I would call ahead to your bank and order them. I keep them separate from my other cash so it's easy to grab one or two for tips. Even use them for mousekeeping!

Cyn

Originally posted by 2plus2more

Actually, if you are driving, you will most likely drive around to your building and unload your car yourself anyway.

If you are using a car service, they will drop you off at the front door. If you can handle the amount of luggage, and you want to carry it yourself, it is definitely not inappropriate~

Definitely pick your battles
;)

Originally posted by Figment2
Tiffany - yes, I do get them from my bank (actually I work there so I usually email one of the tellers so they have what I need).

I would call ahead to your bank and order them. I keep them separate from my other cash so it's easy to grab one or two for tips. Even use them for mousekeeping!

Cyn

Thanks for the info Figment2. I think I might have to give this a try before our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter