• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping on Manicure ????

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
How much do you tip for a manicure or pedicure? I assume a percentage of the charge? :confused3

DD and I went today. We rarely go, so I am always uncomfortable about what to give. I gave them 20% of the charge. Is that the usual amount?

I go to the "ethic" places that are on every corner, strip mall, etc. I normally tip about $5-7 for a pedicure and $3-5 for a manicure. I just got a mani-pedi on Thursday and tipped the woman $10 total (she performed both services). I wasn't going to tip so much because I didn't think she did a good job, but she was "hestitating" on giving me change for $60 (the total was $50) and I just let her keep the change

I also tip around 20% for manis and pedis.

I go to the "ethic" places that are on every corner, strip mall, etc. I normally tip about $5-7 for a pedicure and $3-5 for a manicure. I just got a mani-pedi on Thursday and tipped the woman $10 total (she performed both services). I wasn't going to tip so much because I didn't think she did a good job, but she was "hestitating" on giving me change for $60 (the total was $50) and I just let her keep the change

I've gone to the same "ethnic" salon for years. I love my nail tech. She hugs my neck every time I walk in. At the bottom of their receipts it shows you 10%, 15%, and 20%. I've always tipped her 20% of whatever the total is.

Now granted, I have solar nails so get regular fills or new nails, plus get occasional pedicures, and occasional waxing. She also paints a design on my big toes and on the finger next to my pinky every time she does my nails. I've used her so long, that unless I'm going to WDW and want a Mickey design on my fingers or toes, I don't even bother to tell her what I want. She just pretty much does what she wants to.:rotfl: Sometimes she paints cute little designs adding little rhinestones or crystals to them. She also gives really good deep leg and foot massages during the pedicures and I love their massaging chairs. She's fantastic and earns every penny of her tip.

I use 20% as my baseline and give less or more depending on the quality of the service...I actually just found a new manicurist who I LOVE and I've been tipping her more than 20% since I started going to her, she does an awesome job and I can go 3-4 weeks in between manicures now instead of the usual 2 weeks so she definitely saves me money with her great service :)

Around here, it's about $22 for a mani/pedi at the asian places on every corner, so I tip more than 20% - $5 for pedi, $3, for mani.

I usually hit the nail salon very close to my house. I usually tip just 5.00 to my regular girl , she and her boyfriend own the place, so I really don't feel I need to tip much, just as I don't tip my hairdresser much because he owns the salon. When someone else in either place does hair or nails, I will tip 18 - 20 % .

I went to a high end Aveda salon yesterday because it was close to my son's daycamp and I really just wanted a little nicer experience... which it was . Total was 60 for my massage and foot treatment , I tipped 12.00 because it is all I had on me . I would have given her a 15.00 and next time I go back I will make sure I have more cash on me .. I have an appointment in 4 weeks.. it was amazing .. almost there 1.5 hours and I walked out a happy happy camper, plus my toes look great !

Like all tips, it's a personal decision, with 15-20% for a good job being what I'm seeing on the websites. I don't get manicures very often, because with my lifestyle, they don't last a day, but for whatever I do get done, I just go with $5 per service... it's easy math for me, and they are always happy to see me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter