Tipping on Dining Plan

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by dkhurley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

I'm going for a short 2 night stay the 31st through the 2nd (only 4 days away!) and we are using the Dining Plan for the first time. I know all about the plan but didn't know what was the best way to tip while using the plan. Cash, charge to KTTW, or can you use a visa/mastercard?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. crazybones27

crazybones27 DVC Member

I usually tip in cash since it's the easiest. I have charged it to the room when I realize I don't have enough cash on me.

4. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

The "best" way is whatever you want.

5. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Cash is easiest? Really? Go get wallet. Start counting the money. Might have to wait for changw.

I would think KTTW card is easier.

6. crazybones27

crazybones27 DVC Member

It's easiest for me. I always have a small purse with smaller bills specifically for tips :). On our last trip I used my TIW card and put everything on a Disney Giftcard so I didn't need cash. To me that's easier then cash or KTTW. On the DP though I almost always paid the tip in cash so I didn't have to wait to sign anything. I prepare myself before the trip with smaller bills for this reason.

7. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Good point.

8. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

We use gift cards. That way our tips are prepaid before our trip. It really isn't any more of a hassle than using the KTTW, but then its not on our credit card at the end of the trip.

9. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

Have any of you used a visa/mastercard? How would this work if you did use one?

10. crazybones27

crazybones27 DVC Member

You would just tell your server you would like to put the tip on whatever card you want to use :). It would work the same as the Disney Giftcard or KTTW :goodvibes

11. lindap1

lindap1 DIS Veteran

We went in the fall of 2011 and had the free dining. Hubby tipped every one of our servers $20 each, because they were awesome and very attentive.