Tipping ME drivers??

mohawkmom1113

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if you tip the ME drivers and if so how much do you tip them. My sister asked me this question and I had never really thought about tipping the ME driver. I do tip Mousekeeping and the limo driver that takes us to US. Thanks. :banana:

Personally I think I would tip them what I tip a bellperson. To my understanding they are paid a regular wage(unlike a waitress/waiter) so I would think .50-$1 a bag would be appreciated, without going overboard. But you will see people that think they deserve more/or think the tip is already included. I feel tipping is out of control....so that's where I am coming from.

What do you tip if they do not handle your bags? I really have no idea, we have never used a bus service before?

We tipped the driver both ways. I don't think this is any different than any other driver, bags or no bags. I don't know what he tipped but I know he did.

We tipped 5-10 dollars I don't remember exactly but our driver was great.

Is there anyone who does NOT tip? We hadn't planned on tipping ME since we will not have any bags to handle.

I've never used ME, but I have certainly never tipped any of the other Disney bus drivers.

rockyroad said:
I've never used ME, but I have certainly never tipped any of the other Disney bus drivers.

ME drivers are not Cast Members, they are Mears employees.

We had GREAT drivers both ways, played games with us, and terrific service. We tipped the $2 a bag.

I saw people just get off the bus and not tip, many of them with luggage. Unless you have small carryons, he will handle your bags as the bags will all go under the bus, not inside. The good drivers also give you tips and tidbits of info along the way. My feeling is if I can afford a trip to WDW, I can afford to tip (its built into my trip budget) and as my dad taught me",.. if you don't have enough to tip, ya shouldn't be eatting out..."
Just MHO. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!!!

ncbyrne said:
Is there anyone who does NOT tip? We hadn't planned on tipping ME since we will not have any bags to handle.
We did not.

I have never tipped any bus driver. I wouldn't think to to ME bus drivers either.

I think it is different then a town car service that is there to pick you and only you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter