tipping kids club counselors and conceirge

I asked the one counselor about tips, they said they were able to accept them but had to share with the group. I only a $20 to offer, so I slid it in her pocket and said, well Happy Birthday(it actually was her birthday the day before). I have no clue what she did with it, but I am hoping she was able to keep it for herself.:thumbsup2

I asked the one counselor about tips, they said they were able to accept them but had to share with the group. I only a $20 to offer, so I slid it in her pocket and said, well Happy Birthday(it actually was her birthday the day before). I have no clue what she did with it, but I am hoping she was able to keep it for herself.:thumbsup2

She wouldn't be able to keep it herself. The kids club crew must pool all cash tips (as well as any gift cards without a name on them) for a club crew party. They are not tippable positions.

That said, some people will gift the kids club crew with bags of candy, they can keep those, although they usually share them.

:cutie:

Does the rule not allowing them to keep cash also apply to the nursery? Since you pay separately, I was assuming they got to keep their tips. We will have a 5 month and 5 year old on our cruise.

Does the rule not allowing them to keep cash also apply to the nursery? Since you pay separately, I was assuming they got to keep their tips. We will have a 5 month and 5 year old on our cruise.

Sorry, again they are Staff, not Crew and in non tip position's.

All of the YAC's do have parties together so it's not like the Reef guy's, or Vibe get left out!

We have provided the sound systems for them, and occasionally, they have let us make Flubber! (we had to clear up the mess we made throwing it at each other afterward though!) :guilty: as charged!

Ex Techie :)

Sorry, again they are Staff, not Crew and in non tip position's.

All of the YAC's do have parties together so it's not like the Reef guy's, or Vibe get left out!

We have provided the sound systems for them, and occasionally, they have let us make Flubber! (we had to clear up the mess we made throwing it at each other afterward though!) :guilty: as charged!

Ex Techie :)

So does that mean that conciergewent from staff to crew?

So does that mean that concierge went from staff to crew?

No. Concierge managers are actually officers.

As for the counselors (nursery included) they cannot keep the cash - if they do it is grounds for discipline or dismissal. They turn it over and it is used for parties, excursions, clothing, birthday dinners, holiday gifts. Basically crew bonding activities and thank you events. So rest assure that the money is being used in a positive way and is fair for all CMs.

On our 7 night MR last winter, we tipped the concierge about the same as the stateroom hostess, maybe more, can't remember the exact amount. He (Mike Cuddy) helped make our trip truly magical.:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter