Tipping Garden Grocer

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
I am about to make my purchase for Sept 11th. Just wondering, how much is common to tip (total cost we are spending about $65.00)?
When I usually go out to eat, for good service I will tip 20%, yet I've never ordered from an online grocery store before, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Tipping is always at your discretion, that being said, I've heard that the GG people have said that tips are usually 10%.

I spent around $50 and I tipped him $5 (there is already a $12 delivery charge, so I am not really sure if he gets some of that). Plus I did it online, so I really didn't know if the service would be good or not!

I did 10$ on mine, since it's split three ways. I ordered about the same amount as the OP.

We are ordering from Garden Grocer for the first time today. We were concerned that we won't be in the room when they deliver. My wife called and said they drop off the groceries at the front desk.

What if you are not in the room when they deliver it? How do you tip them?

You can add the tip to your order when you do it online, or you could just call and have them debit it from a bank card or use a credit card.

I remember adding 10% to the online order for a tip, but we never actually saw the GG delivery person. Everything was left with Bell Services, and they brought the order to our room. (We were staying at CBR.)

EDIT: OK, wow, so I didn't add a gratuity after all. I just looked back at my order confirmation email. I remember now that was assuming I could tip in person, but never got the opportunity! I do tend to prefer tipping after I have experienced a service.

If the groceries are left at the front desk and you have perishables with the order, are they able to store in a cold place???:confused3

If the groceries are left at the front desk and you have perishables with the order, are they able to store in a cold place???:confused3

Yes. What my DW found out is, at the desk, they will put them in a refrigerator.

If that is true (which I can't imagine it is not) I am even more impressed than I originally was - which is hard to do!

Plus, I am going in less than 48 hours!

We tip 10%....but it has always been left at front desk/bell services and then when they bring it to the room, they get tipped also.

Getting ready to place my order for Sept. soon :yay:

how soon before your trip do you do the order??

I'm not sure how much in advance you can order, but I think you need to give them at least 36 hours before delivery.

I've never ordered from them before, so I am no expert at all. I suggest you give them a call because I don't want to give you any bad information. I think they have a customer service number on their site.

Be aware that you should definitely order ahead of time. We are going down this Sunday and after my DW spent a considerable amount of time entering in everything, she got a message that due to high-volume they will not be able to deliver the 23rd-25th (or something like that):sad2:

I am disappointed as this seemed like a great time saver. I feel no ill will towards them, actually it is good to see that they are successful. However, it would have been nice if there was a way to be forewarned before my DW entered everything.

Now I have to do the shopping!:headache:

Be aware that you should definitely order ahead of time. We are going down this Sunday and after my DW spent a considerable amount of time entering in everything, she got a message that due to high-volume they will not be able to deliver the 23rd-25th (or something like that):sad2:

I am disappointed as this seemed like a great time saver. I feel no ill will towards them, actually it is good to see that they are successful. However, it would have been nice if there was a way to be forewarned before my DW entered everything.

Now I have to do the shopping!:headache:
Actually, I'm not sure if you saw it, but on the main page there is this yellow highlighted box that says they're unable to deliver anything from the 22-24. I understand how you might not have seen it though. :goodvibes:

We're big fans of wegoshop and have used them three times. You might want to check them out if your dates aren't available from GG. What I like about WGS is that you don't have to choose your products from a list. You just email your shopping list, including brands/sizes if you have preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter