Tipping for WeGoShop

Alisha&Jay

Disney Fanatic
Hi,
I am having a grocery delivery from WeGoShop on my upcoming trip. Since it will be between $200-$300, my delivery/shopping fee will be $38. I don't want to sound cheap, but will it be expected that I tip too? $38 sounds like a lot to me. Am I missing something?

Also, WeGoShop just called me to say they won't be able to shop at Walmart for my groceries (like i asked) since they already have other orders and will be near the publix. She asked that I change to publix if I wanted groceries delivered on the day I asked for. I am doing this but I thought Walmart was much cheaper? She said no, that she does all her shopping at publix. Now I am worried I will be paying more. Here in CT our Walmart is cheaper than regular grocery store.
Also- as for delivery charge- here in CT I pay $7 for my local grocery delivery service, called Peapod. That's why I thought $38 was a lot?

Also, WeGoShop just called me to say they won't be able to shop at Walmart for my groceries (like i asked) since they already have other orders and will be near the publix. She asked that I change to publix if I wanted groceries delivered on the day I asked for. I am doing this but I thought Walmart was much cheaper? She said no, that she does all her shopping at publix. Now I am worried I will be paying more. Here in CT our Walmart is cheaper than regular grocery store.
Also- as for delivery charge- here in CT I pay $7 for my local grocery delivery service, called Peapod. That's why I thought $38 was a lot?

I have used Amy at we go shop three times now, and every time has been perfect. I would also recommend using Publix for down there- I don't think they are any different priced then Wal-Mart and if you are getting any fresh produce they are much better. Wish we had Publix where I live! Also Publix sometimes had BOGO sales, and Amy passed those on to me and provided a receipt at the end of the transaction. All very professional. So I wouldn't worry she has your back!

To answer your other question, I have normally always tipped about 10% or so. For that large of an order, I would probably adjust down a little, but might want to get some other opinions too. Have a great trip!

Hi,
I am having a grocery delivery from WeGoShop on my upcoming trip. Since it will be between $200-$300, my delivery/shopping fee will be $38. I don't want to sound cheap, but will it be expected that I tip too? $38 sounds like a lot to me. Am I missing something?

Check out the prices for groceries at Disney and at other delivery services.

Tipping is a personal thing, tip based on service, not because others tip and you feel pressured. You spend thousands at Disney and I'm guessing that you still tip Bell Services, your wait staff at the restaurants, and maybe even Mousekeepers, IMO tipping for delivery service isn't any different.

:earsboy: Bill

I know $38 sounds like a lot, but it has to be put in perspective. I have to flip my perspective and think how much I'm saving (both in time and in money) 1. getting groceries that are not at Disney prices 2. not having to pay for restaurant meals (even counter service) as often, and 3. getting items that are not available on Disney property. Then I feel like I'm making out like a bandit even with a 10% tip.

I know $38 sounds like a lot, but it has to be put in perspective. I have to flip my perspective and think how much I'm saving (both in time and in money) 1. getting groceries that are not at Disney prices 2. not having to pay for restaurant meals (even counter service) as often, and 3. getting items that are not available on Disney property. Then I feel like I'm making out like a bandit even with a 10% tip.

Plus not having to rent a car or spend the time in an unfamiliar store. Worth the tip, IMO.

This is the first yr in about 3 that I convinced my husband to let me order the groceries instead of bringing them from home! Yup, that's what we have been doing. We did the shopping here in CT, then we loaded it all in the car. He thought we would save money by not paying the pricing down there in the stores. We always drive down too. So I am thrilled I didn't have to do that this yr, what a pain that was, we have 4 kids so you can imagine how loaded the suburban was.

This is the first yr in about 3 that I convinced my husband to let me order the groceries instead of bringing them from home! Yup, that's what we have been doing. We did the shopping here in CT, then we loaded it all in the car. He thought we would save money by not paying the pricing down there in the stores. We always drive down too. So I am thrilled I didn't have to do that this yr, what a pain that was, we have 4 kids so you can imagine how loaded the suburban was.

I know suburbans are quite large, but I am imagining at least 2 of the kids tied to the roof, LOL!

I have used Amy at we go shop three times now, and every time has been perfect. I would also recommend using Publix for down there- I don't think they are any different priced then Wal-Mart and if you are getting any fresh produce they are much better. Wish we had Publix where I live! Also Publix sometimes had BOGO sales, and Amy passed those on to me and provided a receipt at the end of the transaction. All very professional. So I wouldn't worry she has your back!

To answer your other question, I have normally always tipped about 10% or so. For that large of an order, I would probably adjust down a little, but might want to get some other opinions too. Have a great trip!

I see you live in Raleigh. There is going to be Publix at the corner of High House and Davis Drive in Cary. Also, Harris Teeter may be bought by either Publix or Kroger. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Publix.

To the OP, I would shop at Publix over Walmart any day. Overall, for groceries Publix is a better deal.

Carol- you are funny! And last yr we sold our suburban and got a Chrysler minivan, smaller! But we do have a car top carrier.
I hope publix is a better deal, otherwise hubby will be upset with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter