Tipping for free room service

Mamiamjo

"M-I-C... S-E"
I understand that they add 15% tip for items bought from the bar and room service.
My question is, if you request mickey bars or some other "free" (or should I say no additional charge) items from room service how do you tip?
Do they accept cash, or do they still offer you a charge slip with a zero charge that you can add a tip amount to?

A follow up question would be, what would be the normal tip amount given for room service especially with no purchase amount to apply a % to?

Thanks

I understand that they add 15% tip for items bought from the bar and room service.
My question is, if you request mickey bars or some other "free" (or should I say no additional charge) items from room service how do you tip?
Do they accept cash, or do they still offer you a charge slip with a zero charge that you can add a tip amount to?

A follow up question would be, what would be the normal tip amount given for room service especially with no purchase amount to apply a % to?

Thanks

General rule $1>2 per item, cash or charge to account.

I take a stack of singles with me and tip $2 -$3 depending on what I have ordered. I believe that they also have you sign a blank slip if you want to charge your tip.

I don’t know why they do it that way but yes they only accept cash. It's the only thing on the ship that your cash will be good for. I take along some dollar bills just for this. I tip any where from one to 3 dollars depending on the order. You tip what your conscience dictates.

I don’t know why they do it that way but yes they only accept cash. It's the only thing on the ship that your cash will be good for. I take along some dollar bills just for this. I tip any where from one to 3 dollars depending on the order. You tip what your conscience dictates.

As I posted you can charge as well, there is a slip provided with each delivery and space for additional tip, if required, you can give cash if you wish.

While I prefer to just keep cash on hand, they will provide a slip you can sign to apply room service tips to your onboard account, so you can charge them if you'd rather do it that way.

Thanks

No tip is automatically added to Room Service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter