tipping drivers

insmom

Mouseketeer
We are taking a town car from the airport to POP in a week and I wanted to be sure to have the drivers tip ready for him/her. Any suggestions? Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children-8 and 11). :jumping2:

We tip the driver 20% of the fare, but tip each leg of the trip. So if the cost of the town car is $100.00, I tip $10.00 each leg. I do this because you can not be sure that you will get the same driver each time.

I usually tip both ways also, but 20% total seems a lot. Is that the going rate these days? How much should I be tipping bellmen, valet parking and housekeeping? I usually do 1$ a bag, $2 picking up car and $2 per person/per day. Am I being stingy?? Help please; can anyone tell me what I SHOULD be tipping?? Thanks!

I usually tip $15 if we do a grocery stop coming to the hotel and $10 going back to the airport.

Thanks that makes alot of sense doing $10 both ways. I don't think that I will be doing a grocery stop, but if I do I will keep that in mind. Thanks everyone :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter