Tipping Dining Staff Early?

CelebrationKim

Earning My Ears
On a 3 night cruise, with the last night scheduled for Palo, what are my options for tipping the dining staff? I've read I could bring the tip envelopes to breakfast on our final morning, however I'm not sure we'll be up that early.
Would I have the tip envelopes before my 2nd night dinner so I could distribute then? Could I just bring my own envelopes to dinner the 2nd night and assume the name/roll of each server will be clear to me so I can address accordingly?
Please advise.

You can ask for them at Guest Services at any time - they also know who your server / housekeeping team is so they can print out the tickets for you at any time. I would recommend getting the tickets before the last night to beat the rush.

Ok, when I go to guest services and put the tips on my credit card, the receipts I am given to put in the envelopes will have the name/position on it, correct? So, if guest services doesn't give me the envelopes then, I can at least write the information on my own envelopes and hand them out @ dinner #2. Do I understand this now? :)

Guest services will give you envelopes and the names of your serving team at any time in the voyage. They just pass them out en masse on the next to the last night. Since it is a always a good idea to tell your servers when you won't be joining them for dinner (so they aren't waiting for you) just tell them on that 2nd night and then hand them their envelopes (either the ones from DCL or your own if you prefer). They will be thrilled and it will stand out to them since they will get most of thier other tips the next night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter