Tipping Concierge?

We brought candy to include with all of our tips. We gave each of the concierge hosts a bag of candy, plus we tipped approximately what we gave the dining room server, I believe. They did a lot for us, and were so gracious in the concierge lounge. (This was on the Dream). If you are on one of the classic ships, I'm not sure what to tip.
I will admit, the candy was VERY well received by all! :)
I also always write a personal note to our servers and stateroom host/hostess...
Have a great trip!

We tipped our concierge $75 for our one week cruise. There were just the two of us, and we made relatively few demands of her.

We tipped slightly more at $100 for our 5 day cruise, but admittedly had no guidance whatsoever on what would be appropriate.

DWF

I was told that they average about $1500 in tips per week, but I dont have an answer for your question.

I've always felt the several concierge on board pool their tips? And have the Disers confirmed the concierge are paid little salary and do rely on tips?
Any thoughts. Having said that, is it not true the tip of any amount to room host would go directly to him/her and not be pooled with others. Am I correct that the room host, concierge, pay extra restaurants waiters, will get to keep all the gratuity paid? Sorry to redirect.

I've always felt the several concierge on board pool their tips? And have the Disers confirmed the concierge are paid little salary and do rely on tips?
Any thoughts. Having said that, is it not true the tip of any amount to room host would go directly to him/her and not be pooled with others. Am I correct that the room host, concierge, pay extra restaurants waiters, will get to keep all the gratuity paid? Sorry to redirect.

Confirmed. Concierge on the Dream make $150 a week in wages. And that is working 10-12 hour days, 7 days a week for 4 months straight.

so on average they get 1500 a week for 4 months - that's 24000.

then what? do they only work 4 months out of the year or do they do another 4 month contract?

even if they only worked 8 months out of the year that's still 48k a year. plus 150 a week from dcl brings it to average 53000 a year.

what do they other levels average if that's for concierge level?

so on average they get 1500 a week for 4 months - that's 24000.

then what? do they only work 4 months out of the year or do they do another 4 month contract?
even if they only worked 8 months out of the year that's still 48k a year. plus 150 a week from dcl brings it to average 53000 a year.

what do they other levels average if that's for concierge level?

Sort of. The contract is a 6 month contract.....4 months on / 2 months off. So yes, essentially they only work 8 months out of the year and make 50k. Also they have no bills to pay like rent, electric, car, insurance, food, etc. Some get off the ship and work part time/seasonal at WDW for those 2 months.

Not sure what your last question means but hope this helps. Remember to always tip those in service roles! Especially your concierge :)

Sort of. The contract is a 6 month contract.....4 months on / 2 months off. So yes, essentially they only work 8 months out of the year and make 50k. Also they have no bills to pay like rent, electric, car, insurance, food, etc. Some get off the ship and work part time/seasonal at WDW for those 2 months.

Not sure what your last question means but hope this helps. Remember to always tip those in service roles! Especially your concierge :)

Thanks.

my last question was because someone said that was for concierge level that they average that amount.

is that the same for the steward on the lowest floor or just because concierge passangers tip more?

Thanks.

my last question was because someone said that was for concierge level that they average that amount.

is that the same for the steward on the lowest floor or just because concierge passangers tip more?

Ah! Now I understand.

I know that the room stewards salary structure is similar although I have no idea what they average.

Concierge, IMO, offer a much more personal experience and CAN be involved in almost every aspect or plan of your trip.

To me, room stewards are the hardest physical laborers and most under appreciated cast on the ship and I make a point to take care of them. Its not that concierge passengers tip more, its that concierge and room stewards are entirely different jobs.

I have clearly steered away from the original question but to the OP - I have understood guests tipping between 5-10% of the fare but there is no rule or standard.....just whatever you feel comfortable with for a job well done. :thumbsup2

OK, I'll question it. 5% to 10 % tip of cruise fare for concierge? They would be making several hundred thousand a year. What's the average fare for the suites, say $8 or $ 9K, do the math. I'll tip max $ 300 and it may be as low as $100 depending on what happens. JMT's

I have clearly steered away from the original question but to the OP - I have understood guests tipping between 5-10% of the fare but there is no rule or standard.....just whatever you feel comfortable with for a job well done. :thumbsup2

Wow, 5 - 10% of my fare would have been between $500-$1000 and although Tawanda was great, he wasn't worth that! LOL I tipped $100 for the 7 night MR but wish I would have left a little more. I was trying to remember what I read on here about tipping concierge but for the life of me could not remember. I didn't ask for a lot but Tawanda offered quite a few things that I took him up on. I'll see him again in April and I'll make it up to him then!

I don't want to sound rude but I don't see how you can say they have no bills to pay. How about the cost of the family and home they are supporting while they are at sea away from them. Our concierge on the Wonder had a wife and 2 year boy living in South Africa that he had not seen in several months. Most of the guests on the ships have no idea what that is like to not see your family for months at time.

Tipping as always should be based on the level of service provided and so far we have always received excellent service from the concierge CMs on DCL.

Tipping as always should be based on the level of service provided and so far we have always received excellent service from the concierge CMs on DCL.

I think everyone would agree that tipping is going to vary based on level of service - but I believe the OP is trying to establish a baseline for concierge tipping.

It sounds like most people are going with about $100 per week with possibly more based on how much assistance you required.

We tipped $50 for our 3 night Dream and $150 for our one week Magic cruise. We also bought our concierge lunch one day in port. But I had no idea what to tip, it was a guess. We do not really need much assistance beyond dinner reservations but I always think the concierge staff are wonderful and friendly and really do their best to make sure we are having a wonderful vacation. They always go out of their way to bring our daughter little fun things and ask after my parents needs (who do not travel in concierge but have a connecting room to our 1 BR suite).

We tipped the concierge the same as the stateroom hostess for our 7 night MR, we got excellent service and tipped accordingly.:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter